When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Special frame value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

buckoff

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have a somewhat complete basket case that I put together back in the early 1990’s.
I’m trying to put a value on some of the pieces in preparation for selling.
I can’t find a google search sale on one of these frames, any help would be appreciated.

850762D5-F079-430A-A1CA-82DC14AADF20.jpeg

3CEAFA42-D0D5-433F-A25A-BD1F12129382.jpeg

856CEC36-E48A-44F9-BFEB-675B262134F6.jpeg

AE815A93-A0F7-48E1-A356-34F5AA14F6B5.jpeg

BC707165-1804-4466-8DA9-969B24EF6829.jpeg

8D52BD0F-8CD9-45AD-A8E7-B3ED25FEC563.jpeg

I have a few questions that may help. Is the bottom bracket conversion the only addition to this frame? And are the serial numbers legible? Is there a tab in the neck to locate a locking springer bottom cup? Just wondering if it was one of the repop Phantom frames from the 80's with Whizzer stuff added.

I have a few questions that may help. Is the bottom bracket conversion the only addition to this frame? And are the serial numbers legible? Is there a tab in the neck to locate a locking springer bottom cup? Just wondering if it was one of the repop Phantom frames from the 80's with Whizzer stuff added.
I’m sorrry if my post wasn’t clear!
this is a Schwinn California Special frame. I have no doubts as I have accumulated a lot of knowledge in the 40+ yrs since I started collecting.
What I am asking for is a VALUATION

Who made or converted the frame for the Ca Special?, as the belt dimples are not factory, look like done after with the Schwinn dimpleing tool sold to shops, a lot of people were converting frames back then?. @whizzer1 was probably one doing them.

Who made or converted the frame for the Ca Special?, as the belt dimples are not factory, look like done after with the Schwinn dimpleing tool sold to shops, a lot of people were converting frames back then?. @whizzer1 was probably one doing them.
Well asking questions about who made it are a bit superfluous as I bought it long afterwards. In California these were called ”California specials” maybe that was just a sales ploy as I doubt Schwinn would have made a special frame for a whizzer kit.....l.sort of contradictory l

Back