When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~ Call for Photos & Catalog Scans '37 - '41 Huffman Balloners for Western Flyer! ~~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's a 1941 Western Auto catalog page. Shows a long tank that doesn't appear to be a 5-gill window shade version.
IMG_20180120_183331.jpg

I have this complete page and more in an album of pre war Western Auto catalogs. Including 37-39, but don't see the long tank Huffmans in those.https://thecabe.com/forum/media/albums/prewar-western-auto-catalog-pages.1558/

Here's a 1941 Western Auto catalog page. Shows a long tank that doesn't appear to be a 5-gill window shade version.View attachment 740672

I have this complete page and more in an album of pre war Western Auto catalogs. Including 37-39, but don't see the long tank Huffmans in those.https://thecabe.com/forum/media/albums/prewar-western-auto-catalog-pages.1558/
Looks like some of the '40 tanks may have been carried into '41 for non-Huffman brands. The thing I always wonder about these illustrations is if they were taken from a actual photo or artists renditions? V/r Shawn

Thanks so much for the contributions @cds2323. Agree with you Shawn about the carryover. I believe the af cuts are artist's renditions from a photograph. Looking at the tank it cannot be surmised how it's held in but the small "bumps" of the '40 Zephyr tank carryover may have been lost in the artist's translation.

@sam thanks going to go look at the National catalog... Super interesting bike model with a great color scheme and equipment. But the topic here is trying to establish or disprove that Western Flyer offered a Huffman made tank bike in the period btw '37-'39 and using the early style attachment gill tank..

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the contributions @cds2323. Agree with you Shawn about the carryover. I believe the af cuts are artist's renditions from a photograph. Looking at the tank it cannot be surmised how it's held in but the small "bumps" of the '40 Zephyr tank carryover may have been lost in the artist's translation.

@sam thanks going to go look at the National catalog... Super interesting bike model with a great color scheme and equipment. But the topic here is trying to establish or disprove that Western Flyer offered a Huffman made tank bike in the period btw '37-'39 and using the early style attachment gill tank..
Talk to the military bike guys---I'm told some Huffman military bikes had tanks and were painted green over their original paint

Back