When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling All Aluminum Silver King Collectors

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
DOES THIS MARK UNDER THE BOTTOM BRACKET OF A SILVER KING HAVE ANY MEANING OR IS IT A STAMPING MISTAKE ?

DSCN4114_zps22b7e733.gif

My flocycles are Hawthorne badged and don't have flo or air written on them anywhere. I notice in your blue ad that the headlight doesnt have jewels on it. I haven't seen this ad before either.

As for the mark under the bottom bracket - I have never seen anything like it. Is that on your M1? Very interesting - clearly not a mistake - I mean how could it be a mistake? It seems like a perfect closed shape of some kind -but it is pretty strange :)

....unless it's two diff stamps one ontop of the other - kind of looks like there's an overlap actually.

My flocycles are Hawthorne badged and don't have flo or air written on them anywhere. I notice in your blue ad that the headlight doesnt have jewels on it. I haven't seen this ad before either.

As for the mark under the bottom bracket - I have never seen anything like it. Is that on your M1? Very interesting - clearly not a mistake - I mean how could it be a mistake? It seems like a perfect closed shape of some kind -but it is pretty strange :)

....unless it's two diff stamps one ontop of the other - kind of looks like there's an overlap actually.
i believe it was called hawthorne "air-flow." until someone chimes in with solid evidence stating otherwise, i'll stick with "air-flow."
i always thought the special delta large cone jewel light was just made for the "silver kings," not the hawthorne badged "air-flow."
the mark is on my flo-cycle bottom bracket.

3c6b2bdec27141e98628c90ed5478eb9_zps161c-1.jpg

DSCN4132_zpsb3718584-1.jpg

Last edited:
HERE'S A COUPLE ABSTRACT FLO-CYCLE RINGS I'VE DESIGNED. I'LL MAKE LOST WAX MODELS AND CAST THEM IN STERLING SILVER. I WILL FIND THE BLUE AND RED STONES AND THEN MAKE THE RINGS. WILL BE MAKING AN ABSTRACT PENDANT DESIGN ALSO. THE SPEEDO HOUSING AND REFLECTOR HOUSING WILL BE CAST SEPERATLEY.

DSCN4146_zps38d02162-1.jpg

Last edited:
HERE'S A COUPLE ABSTRACT FLO-CYCLE RINGS I'VE DESIGNED. I'LL MAKE LOST WAX MODELS AND CAST THEM IN STERLING SILVER. I WILL FIND THE BLUE AND RED STONES AND THEN MAKE THE RINGS. WILL BE MAKING AN ABSTRACT PENDANT DESIGN ALSO. THE SPEEDO HOUSING AND REFLECTOR HOUSING WILL BE CAST SEPERATLEY.

DSCN4145_zps389d8fc3.gif

DSCN4146_zps38d02162-1.jpg

DSCN4147_zps3d213292.gif

Cool - nice idea - no writing? You could take something from one of the relative badges or company logos - it would make it a little less abstract but that might not be a bad thing. Also the writing could be under - or even on the inside.

nearly broke my heart :(

Aw damn Jerry that sucks - did you know it was like that or is it shipping damage or..?

This metal is terrible - it cracks and splits and is porous on the inside.

To be honest if you were going to ride it it might have been dangerous and the fact is that once repaired you wont notice it and furthermore it will be much stronger than it was originally.

That doesn't make it any better now - I'd be heartbroken too and it's a serious job to repair but not impossible at least.

How did it happen?

I'm sorry for you man, really I am and I know just how that feels because it's happened to me.

hi Marc;
sorry... I should have been more clear. the good news is that it's not my bike. it's a frame for sale on ebay. mine is close to being ready for the first ride. I'll post some pix @ that time.
cheers
jerry

Back