When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all detectives

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
I wonder if you could help me out with some things I found recently.

First is the id of the bike. No headbadge but the outline remains. I can't seem to figure it out but it looks familiar as does the chainring.

1c.JPG

Second, the Stebler parts, i.e., chain guard, tank, and carrier. From what I've read there doesn' t seem to be much value here and Stebler bikes are not highly regarded. What do you think? It does have what I believe to be a very early Baltimore Orioles decal.

3.JPG

Finally, the carrier. Doesn't look familiar and i don't remember ever seeing struts with a curve to possibly fit inside of the seat stays? ID?

2.JPG

Thanks for any info.

I wonder if you could help me out with some things I found recently.

First is the i.d. of the bike. No headbadge but the outline remains. I can't seem to figure it out but it looks familiar as does the chainring.

View attachment 834210

Second, the Stebler parts, i.e., chain guard, tank, and carrier. From what I've read there doesn' t seem to be much value here and Stebler bikes are not highly regarded. What do you think? It does have what I believe to be a very early Baltimore Orioles decal.

View attachment 834212

Finally, the carrier. Doesn't look familiar and i don't remember ever seeing struts with a curve to possibly fit inside of the seat stays? i.d.?

View attachment 834213

Thanks for any info.
Hey @morton, I’m no expert, but the ladies bike looks Hawthorne, maybe had this badge
60314CC2-24F0-4126-9ED1-E137749DFE1D.jpeg

The last rack looks Colson.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Guess I need to do some research about the carrier. Was thinking about using it on a Frankenbike but maybe no.

Anyone have any comments about the Stebler stuff?

The rack and chain guard with the Stelber tank are often seen in chromed aftermarket parts, and the rack was factory used on Snyder bikes.

Back