When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Campus Green Camelback 3 speed Racer

-

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

Never seen a camel back racer. Most likely a Speedster with a Racer chain guard. Nice condition tho.
The candy stripe cables have to go.

Oh yeah, since 63, the camel back frame has been many iterations and in all speeds 1--10.
You'd think that after all this time a racer version woulda popped up. I'm almost surprised there isn't a Paramount camelback. Or is there.... I've posted quite a few pics of my 67' wearing 72' opaque green in Sprint fittings.Truly, the model is in the guards silkscreen only.
Just sayin'
Also, Notice the chain ring does not necessarily say 71'
The cable wrap reminds me of zebra stripe gum.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, since 63, the camel back frame has been many iterations and in all speeds 1--10.
You'd think that after all this time a racer version woulda popped up. I'm almost surprised there isn't a Paramount camelback. Or is there.... I've posted quite a few pics of my 67' wearing 72' opaque green in Sprint fittings.Truly, the model is in the guards silkscreen only.
Just sayin'
Also, Notice the chain ring does not necessarily say 71'
The cable wrap reminds me of zebra stripe gum.
The chainring says 63...I could never stand those mag style sprockets so I changed it out. Also, I have never chewed gum so the wrap doesn't bother or remind me of anything other than nostalgia.

Aaah HA !!!!
The real Phantom would never let his slip show like that.... :)
Truly though, I snap up all the camelbacks I find that are local and super cheap. Take away their stodgy Schwinness and they become quite appealing. There is a custom five speed in my future. Strangely, nearly every other Schwinn bike in the book has come through the collective since Ive been there, yet no camelback Schwinns.
Never chewed gum?... that's just un-American

Back