When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can any one help identify this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
well it’s definitely in Shiki and I’m looking at an international on eBay and it looks the same

image.jpg

and I think you’re right about the international wondering what made them switch from the sun tour to the dura ace

image.jpg

Well I doubt Switch is the right way to look at it. The bike was probably out of use for years. Parts probably got taken for other builds(the Cyclone derailleur is the first thing I'd take). More than likely, in this latest Fixie/roadbike craze, some college kid built that from the frame up.

your bike is newer, You'll see in that photo that the cable guides are clamp-on, and they will be that style on the top tube(rear brake) as well. The 1980 International still had the same lugs, but all braze-on guides.

70s nishiki ? this pic is from a 1974

View attachment 1251211
I'll be dammed. That is, on the Blue Yama I'd posted earlier today, with this lug, my 1st guess was: " Nishiki bell keeps ringing. Yet, IDK why because, actually, i have no clue to base who did it. ".. But here's the thing; I got zero history caring much in lugs except, tiny even here, but, whatever I may have seen in a moment or two here and, like 5 year ago at the good will. Yet no reason to have come up I. D.-ing 0r even associating that Yama's lug with Nishiki. I got nothing as to why. WTF? Thanks @88premis for finding that, confirmed my; 'who knows why 'suspicion, which relives me of long term subconscious curiosity thanks to the Yama thread. o_O

IDK but, I must have seen one and only 1 around mid 70.s and liked the lugs but, that would have been so brief; only a few minutes. I mean, I was a loner, no groups or other riders, just myself on my 10 speed, transportation and occasional long distance, up too 40 mile away tour or pleasure runs. . . weird. :coldsweat::D

A plus mark for this lug design, apparently, unforgettable. :cool: ;)

Last edited:
well I think I’ve decided after all this I’m going to sandblast the frame and part the rest of the bike out I also just got a hold of older fernze that needs some love so my plan is to use the parts of this one to fix that one and then sell the rest

Back