When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anybody help me date a few bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Leadyjoe52

On Training Wheels
20220620_181342.jpg

20220622_121741.jpg

20220622_121717.jpg

20220621_154518.jpg

The red one is 1957 I believe, built by AMF for Firestone. The serial number should be under the bottom bracket, and there should be a "G" stamped to the right of the serial, if there's something else please post a picture. The second wheel on the right behind it looks like it might have the correct rim, originally it would have been a middleweight (26 x 1.75), but balloon tires (26 x 2.125) will also fit on the rim, although they might not clear the fenders.
This is the first time I've seen that chainguard on that particular frame, but they go together well.

Last edited:
Blue "Galaxy Flyer" is almost certainly Murray built, probably for a department store but I don't know which one. The pointy dropouts at the rear are usually a dead giveaway for Murray. The numbers are probably on the left dropout by the rear axle. There could be more clues in the numbers. Probably late 60s or at least before 72. This would have almost certainly been built with tall handlebars.

The green All-Pro is K-Mart, probably from the 70s. The picture is not good enough to tell much. Huffy and Murray are likely suspects for the maker of a K-Mart bike. Any numbers will be on the left rear dropout usually, or the headtube (steering), or under the bottom bracket (under the crank). There might be numbers in more than one of these places if it is Huffy.

Is the last one a 20" wheeled bike? The front end makes it look like a Columbia Playboy or Playbike from the mid to late 60s. You could look for numbers in the same 3 places I suggested for Huffy. I don't know how to get a date from them but somebody might. That seat definitely does not belong to it, and probably belongs to some bike that looks more like the red one.

The red one is 1957 I believe, built by AMF for Firestone. The serial number should be under the bottom bracket, and there should be a "G" stamped to the right of the serial, if there's something else please post a picture. The second wheel on the right behind it looks like it might have the correct rim, originally it would have been a middleweight (26 x 1.75), but balloon tires (26 x 2.125) will also fit on the rim, although they might not clear the fenders.
This is the first time I've seen that chainguard on that particular frame, but they go together well.
It has a A at the front and a G at the end

That looks right for 1957. In 1952 they started using the serial number with "52 Cw" to the right (the small "w" was actually in the larger "C") and continued with that system through 1956. Sometime during the year they started using "F" instead of "56 Cw" and all 1957 models I've seen have the "G" that you have. In 1958 they started putting 6 digit numbers preceded by an "H" on the left drop-out, but they also built some with a "H" and a 5 digit number on the bottom bracket, and continued using both systems into 1959 (they skipped "I" so 1959 was "J"). But by the early '60's, they dropped the serials on the bottom bracket and always used the left drop-out. Thanks for the picture!

Back