When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help ID this Stingray frame number

-

43velo

On Training Wheels
This is on a Stingray I recently bought. The number is on the left rear dropout. Using the Schwinn number guide it is a 1962 Schwinn but it should have six numbers. There are only five. Thanks.

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

Interesting, thanks. This bike is a single speed with coaster brake. I'll post a picture of the bike tomorrow. I have a few more questions as well.

IMG_3166.JPGIn 1966, did Schwinn use caliper rim brakes on the Stingray? The one I just acquired has front and rear caliper brakes in addition to the coaster brake. Does not have cables or levers however. The photo is where the rear caliper bolts on.

View attachment 1779580In 1966, did Schwinn use caliper rim brakes on the Stingray? The one I just acquired has front and rear caliper brakes in addition to the coaster brake. Does not have cables or levers however. The photo is where the rear caliper bolts on.
What's preventing you from posting pics of the entire bike? Sometimes it's hard to answer questions when you only have a piece of the information.

That's what I thought. I'm thinking someone in the past replaced the 3 speed rear hub with the coaster brake. If all coaster brake hubs were Bendix, this bike does not have one. Rear hub has no markings.

Back