When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help identify my Huffy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alvey

On Training Wheels
Hello -
Just embarked on my first ever restoration journey. I found an orange Huffy Generation 10 speed, but I know nothing about it. The serial # is C71565.

E0E3E42F-01A0-439F-95FC-D3ACDB8B2502.jpeg

04B464B5-8D4F-48DD-8301-2B7F0C6F4722.jpeg

7AE5C159-FF52-48BC-A901-6EEC99BC27E1.jpeg

The rear derailleur is mounted in the wrong place! I wonder if it's now destroyed. I'd guess a 1977 model if the first two digits on the serial mean anything.

The rear derailleur is mounted in the wrong place! I wonder if it's now destroyed. I'd guess a 1977 model if the first two digits on the serial mean anything.
I just picked it up today with the intent to restore, so hopefully I can find replacement parts if needed :)

You should be able to find most or all of what you need without too much trouble. You will proabably need to tear it down and clean and lube everything. Then maybe some tires, and cables, and handlebar tape, and true up the rims....

Alvey, I doubt your derailleur is destroyed, but it definitely needs to move! If you don't know, that hook part with the slot is called the derailleur hanger and the slot belongs around your rear axle , held by the nut. There are plenty of pics, on the web that show what that should look like as well as pics, that show proper routing of the chain through the jockey wheels. Is it a Junior bike (24 inch wheels)? looks so in the pictures. Also, feel free to ask questions here. Have fun with it.

You should be able to find most or all of what you need without too much trouble. You will proabably need to tear it down and clean and lube everything. Then maybe some tires, and cables, and handlebar tape, and true up the rims....
Can’t wait to get her all tuned up and shiny!

Alvey, I doubt your derailleur is destroyed, but it definitely needs to move! If you don't know, that hook part with the slot is called the derailleur hanger and the slot belongs around your rear axle , held by the nut. There are plenty of pics, on the web that show what that should look like as well as pics, that show proper routing of the chain through the jockey wheels. Is it a Junior bike (24 inch wheels)? looks so in the pictures. Also, feel free to ask questions here. Have fun with it.
It is a 24”, which works great for me since I have short legs :)

This weekend I plan to take her all the way apart and get her good and clean. I think eventually I’ll problems up replacing most of what’s there. Looking forward to the project!

Back