When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help me identify this trike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gwill65074

On Training Wheels
This tricycle belonged to my father's cousin and I believe it to be from the 1930's. The badge says "One of the Badge Line", but I cannot find anything labeled Badge Tricycles on the Internet.

DSCN4538.JPG

DSCN4539.JPG

DSCN4540.JPG

DSCN4541.JPG

DSCN4542.JPG

DSCN4543.JPG

DSCN4544.JPG

DSCN4545.JPG

DSCN4548.JPG

DSCN4549.JPG

DSCN4550.JPG

DSCN4552.JPG

This tricycle actually is in my collection. Someone must have pinned the photo from the tricyclefetish site. This one is badged as a Toledo model which was part of American National.

I think the OP's trike should be Badger instead of Badge. Here's another Badger trike thread on the CABE that has a link to information for that Garton Toy Co. model: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-information-badger-tricycle.115667/ The head badge appears to be the same although an obviously earlier model.

Dave

Last edited:
This tricycle actually is in my collection. Someone must have pinned the photo from the tricyclefetish site. This one is badged as a Toledo model which was part of American National.

I think the OP's trike should be Badger instead of Badge. Here's another Badger trike thread on the CABE that has a link to information for that Garton Toy Co. model: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-information-badger-tricycle.115667/ The head badge appears to be the same although an obviously earlier model.

Dave
Thanks for helping Dave. Can you direct me to where I can get replacement tires and a seat for it. The seat has holes in the back for a bag to attach to it also. I'm also curious as to whether or not I should have it restored or leave it as is. Other than being old, the paint is in very good condition, only the nickel plating looks old.

Other than get a tire for the front I would do nothing to this trike--cool just like it is. V/r Shawn

Other than get a tire for the front I would do nothing to this trike--cool just like it is. V/r Shawn

I'm thinking the same thing. Really, for the tricycle's age, the seat cover is in pretty decent shape from what I can see. I probably would clean paint off of parts that obviously are plated underneath like the head collar and pedal ends. The plated seat springs and chassis would probably clean up brighter, too.

I know there's a couple members of the Wheelmen antique highwheel bicycle site who have the tools, rubber, and know how to replace older style rubber tires held on with a center twisted wire. Here's a link to their site if you'd care to join it and contact them. - https://www.thewheelmen.org/

Dave

Back