When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can anyone help me identify this vintage bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool bike and I can appreciate the rarity of the piece, but I spent much of the last decade as a process engineer in the automotive industry and the amount of excess metal in that thing is truly appalling. Its like they tried to use up as much tube as possible... trying to clean excess material out of the warehouse or something.

Mind you, the residual 13 year old in me ( all men keep some of their inner thirteen year old on board ) sees a super cool ride that would impress the hell out of all the other 13 year old males on the street, driving them mad with envy. What girls thought at that point wasn’t important... yet.

This bike is awesome! I had the privilege of owning the Murray Eliminator version in both a 20+16 three speed model, in candy gold, and a super rare 20+20 3 speed model, in candy orange. They were both new old stock. Viktor Schreckengost was a designer and visionary who was working for Murray corporation when he designed this bike.

Am I the only one that thinks that thing looks hideous?
Exactly the reason why I grew up a Schwinn guy.
Lol!
Well, I was mainly looking at the condition/completeness of the find, if it were a real StingRay!! this would be a whole different story!, growing up in my neighborhood the only one's that didn't ride a Schwinn usually had clueless or cheap parents ( or just couldtn't afford it ), That's why I bought my own used Schwinn StingRay!

Last edited:
THAT is a banana seat!

Screenshot_20221221-235027.png

Back