When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Anyone Help Me With ID'ing the Manufacturer of This Packard, Please?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey all. I know a lot of bike companies built bikes and badged them as Packard. Can anyone help me with this particular Packard and perhaps help me date it as well. This had rain gutter fenders, a destroyed painted wheel set, and a long spring seat when I found it. Thanks so much for any help.

20230217_153233.jpg

20230217_153325.jpg

20230217_153401.jpg

@hawkster19 Nice start.

Were the wheels 26"?
I am guessing this was a transitional period for Colson from 28" to 26" wheels.

I originally had 28" wheels on my 1935 Colson, switched to 26", but have been unable to locate a set of 26" rain gutter fenders for it.

Were your fenders painted or stainless?

4nyJKoCWRZY?encodeFailures=1&width=1185&height=889.jpg

Like others have stated, 1935 Colson.

Since Colson had both old-28" and new-26" motorbike frames by middle-1933, I do not believe that they ever built a so-called transition frame, i.e., one that was specifically designed to fit either 26" or 28" wheels, (and mated with a different size fork, to suit).

In another sense, one might say that every day is a transition, (in between yesterday and tomorrow).

Last edited:
@hawkster19 Nice start.

Were the wheels 26"?
I am guessing this was a transitional period for Colson from 28" to 26" wheels.

I originally had 28" wheels on my 1935 Colson, switched to 26", but have been unable to locate a set of 26" rain gutter fenders for it.

Were your fenders painted or stainless?

View attachment 1792691

They are stainless. I think those are still in my garage somewhere. I'll have to dig if you are actually interested in them. I think they were pretty gnarly.

They are stainless. I think those are still in my garage somewhere. I'll have to dig if you are actually interested in them. I think they were pretty gnarly.

Thanks for the offer, not much a metal fabricator.
At least you confirmed they were rain gutters.

Tim

Back