When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone name the brand of this prewar Snyder?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Junktown

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Found this in the attic of a garage. First day, just the wheels, found the rest oner the next 3 days. Then the father of the seller showed up. He was in his 90s, and he had bought it new for his paper route just before the war. Wondering if anyone can make a guess at the brand. The badge is missing, but it has horizontal holes that are offset-the left one is lower by 1/8, and the holes are only 1.5 inches apart.
The old guy said he got it prewar at Western Auto, but it looks to me more like a Monkey Wards bike. He only lived a mile from Monkey Wards, and being as he is in his 90s, he mighta mixed this up with his brother's bike.
Any help!

20201121_194539.jpg

Montgomery Wards marketed this frame as did Rollfast, Zenith, Samco (sp) as well as others!

A quick measurement is 1 7/8 - 1 15/16 and about 1/8< horizontal offset so maybe a little wider than yours ? ( to bad, I have a extra BR badge I'm going to list here ), that frame was sold with many different badges but not sure if any others besides Blue Ribbon had offset mounting screws?

Reactions: JLF
Back