When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone restore the large Schwinn oval badge on my Hornet?

-

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It's down to bare metal with scratches across it about 1/3 way down, like they were from something on the handlebars.

Prob not going to fix the scratches but back in the day, 60's, I'd clean em with paint remover, spray paint the whole face and then with a 000, (didn't know 0000 existed but 000 imitated Schwinn's brushed metal finish) carefully rub off the sides and letters. It was almost too easy. I might have spread the steel wool over a flat surface to keep it out of the paint. , but don't recall. That was so long ago the only other ting I remembers is, how proud and really good at it I were. Plus, as a teen had a hel-o-lot more patience which was due to not having a job or responsibilities, I spect, then now.

It's down to bare metal with scratches across it about 1/3 way down, like they were from something on the handlebars.
hanging locks and lock up chains hanging from handlebars back in the day banged against the head badge and destroyed em.

Back