When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I put firmstrong parts on a Cruiser 5?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lowlow

On Training Wheels
Can I put firmstrong beach cruiser parts on a schwinn Cruiser 5? I basically want to buy a firmstrong cruiser and switch the frame/ fork with my 1985 schwinn cruiser 5,, Do the parts fit?
thanks.

to be clear i want to use my schwinn frame and fork and all other parts from the firmstrong.

..or where do i buy new parts that fit the schwinn frame and fork, i dont want original parts. I want some decent quality new parts that will fit, - thanks

Last edited:
What the heck is a "firmstrong"?
https://www.firmstrong.com/
Firmstrong_Urban_Man_Single_Speed_Beach_Cruiser_Bicycle_26-Inch_Emerald_Green_large.jpg

So why not just ride the Firmstrong if you are going to buy a bike that is already to go?

So why not just ride the Firmstrong if you are going to buy a bike that is already to go?
ya probably, but i would like the other frame if i could do it

or put new parts if i could do it for around $300 -$400. where's a good place to buy parts like wheels ,crank etc.?

Last edited:
" Can I put firmstrong products on a Cruiser 5".... Probably, most parts will fit w/out any mods. & the rest w/ minor mods.

If your Cruiser 5 is from 1985, it may have been built in Tennessee. Schwinn had a two year contract with Murray to build the electro-forged bikes in Lawrenceburg after they closed down Chicago, after that they went overseas to Giant in Taiwan, sometime around 1985. You may want to double check which one you have.

i dont want original parts. I want some decent quality new parts that will fit, - thanks

So, do you only have the Schwinn Cruiser 5 frame and fork, or do you have the whole bike and you want to switch parts around?
If you are starting with a complete Schwinn Cruiser 5, then you already have decent quality parts. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just my 2 cents.

I think "yes," is the answer you're looking for.

You can make a "firmschwann" if you want. Basic cruiser parts.

Bearing cups may not, fenders probably gotta be re drilled, and the gooseneck and seatpost may not fit.

Back