When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I vent for a second?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is a cut throat hobby.Always has been in the 40 years I have been in it.Keep plugging away.Things even out and you will get used to being screwed and screwing others if you can get an edge on a deal.It sounds cruel but there are no rules,only a variety of players.
Vince, I don't think screwing others needs to be part of the equation. But to each their own. I dare quote the "GOLDEN RULE" ( I'm not really religious) as to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Basically means if you are a turdbird, you will be shat on at some point and you deserve it. TREAT others how you want to be treated. That's what I taught my kids, and what I live by. Clear conscience. It works.

Thanks for everyones comments and taking the time out of your day to hear me out and just let me vent. My post was intended as just that, therapy and closure so i could get past it somehow. When I typed the thread i was proper crushed i’ll tell ya and im still busted but now im just “whatever” at this point. I reported every single ad she had posted as well as reported her as a seller and will do so from now on anytime i see her post anything probably until I die. Lol
Im normally the one giving things away to the local old bike crowd and selling things cheap to those i know are genuine and will love it so maybe something nice will happen to me some day in that respect but im not holding my breath. Haha. Been collecting for 30 years or so and have been searching out an original cycle truck i can afford for just about all 30 of em. Almost made it happen but such is life I suppose.
Hope everyone has a blessed evening and go out and give your old bike a pat for me.

Vince, I don't think screwing others needs to be part of the equation. But to each their own. I dare quote the "GOLDEN RULE" ( I'm not really religious) as to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Basically means if you are a turdbird, you will be shat on at some point and you deserve it. TREAT others how you want to be treated. That's what I taught my kids, and what I live by. Clear conscience. It works.
I dont screw people for the sake of a bike but I know some on the Cabe that will do anything possible to get an adge Nobody on this site will admit to doing underhanded things to get a bike but believe me,they are here.I dont need any bikes.40 years of collecting means I have or had all the bikes I like.Sorry if you thought I was referring to myself.The guys at the shows know I am there now days to BS with old friends,not screw over anybody

deleted

th.jpg

Last edited:
Hey , you win some and some slip away. I picked up a really nice one this week, Out of The Blue, and that's how it happens in this hobby. I've missed many, by moments and then something really nice will get tossed in my lap. Like Vincev, I'm old and can say for a fact, it's only a hobby. I thank God every single day for what I have, not what I've missed. Hey, I'm thankful I wake up each morning and when I croak, those who snooze will lose. My wife [somebody take her, please. . . ] View attachment 1318424this his her, she used to be beautiful.

will get a 30 yard dumpster. In this hobby, like everything else, you have to be fast. I'm not saying dishonest, just Johnny on the spot. Me and Vince [Vincev] always spend time at swaps shooting the sh*t with each other. And do we have the stories! Make the hobby fun. Old bikes are still all over the place, and they're cheap compared to antique Volkswagens. [Just ask Vince]
I appreciate that its only a hobby to some, trust me i do. This is far more than a hobby for me and has been since day one and my wife and son do it too and go digging and searching with me. I was born with a few medical conditions i dont talk about and this is a release and a great source of joy for me and gets me thru alot of the harder times in my condition. My bikes are part of my family and i have emotional connections with every single one and love them all to a certain degree. Long after people have stopped collecting or started a new hobby, i will still be doing this most likely till my last breath on this planet. This stuff means the absolute world to me....which is why getting janked out of this one hurt so much.
....but i do appreciate that some folks dont take it too seriously.

Back