When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I vent for a second?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe I have a thicker hide than most but that will be the day I would cry and loose sleep over a bicycle!!! I have had that kind of thing happen to me I just move on. I typically don't buy stuff off of Facebook, Craiglist to many shallow people on there playing these kind of games. I have learned a long time ago to be patient. The best time to buy something is when its in front of you for sale that is why I have my wallet loaded with cash at all times. Waiting a day to go pick it up is a mistake if that Cycletruck meant that much to you you should have forced the issue to pick it up immediately. Like the old saying goes You wait You're late!! Another one will come along.
You did read my story right? I didnt wait to go pick up the bike so there was no "snoozing". The lady responded one time, ignored the rest of my messages over the month I messaged about it (other than messaging one time and saying she would call me tomorrow), then randomly messaged me and told me it was still available a month later saying it was available and I could come get it.
I begged to come get it that night (it was 9pm at night) but the lady said they were at a concert and I couldnt come till the next day in the afternoon. I was at my nieces ice skating recital when I texted and I was ready to literally bail. I assured them I had money in my wallet in my back pocket and I will send a deposit or something to insure it was mine and I was 100% sold and they assured me once again it was mine and never once told me or even bothered to hint there was another person coming in the morning. Also the people withheld the address saying they would send it to me in the morning when I could set my met. I was nothing if not vigilant about it and literally set alarms on my phone daily to check on it.
I know that some of you guys dont lose sleep over bikes but this means a hell of alot more to me than it does to you guys......Im sorry if Im weird or odd but thats just how I am.

This whole thread was just a means for me to vent and get it off my chest so i could move on and let it go because I know alot of folks here felt my pain. It was never meant to question my love of bikes or my ability to "suck it up and move on" or even my methods of getting old bikes. This was one of those situations where I literally did everything right and the spawn of satan seller lied to me and did the opposite of what the b%^& agreed to do.

I dont mean to sound irritated or anything, its just I followed and chased this bike for over a month and was on it like "stink on sh^&" as my dad would say, down to the last second and lost alot of sleep and got up early alot of days to stay on it. It meant alot to me because Ive been after an original survivor cycle truck I can afford for longer than I can remember and this one was literally the pinnacle of what i had dreamed of. I was crushed in every sense of the word and I needed to vent so i wouldnt get too down.

To some people these bikes are just things, to me they mean way more than I can explain but that will never make sense to people. thanks for listening

You did read my story right? I didnt wait to go pick up the bike so there was no "snoozing". The lady responded one time, ignored the rest of my messages over the month I messaged about it (other than messaging one time and saying she would call me tomorrow), then randomly messaged me and told me it was still available a month later saying it was available and I could come get it.
I begged to come get it that night (it was 9pm at night) but the lady said they were at a concert and I couldnt come till the next day in the afternoon. I was at my nieces ice skating recital when I texted and I was ready to literally bail. I assured them I had money in my wallet in my back pocket and I will send a deposit or something to insure it was mine and I was 100% sold and they assured me once again it was mine and never once told me or even bothered to hint there was another person coming in the morning. Also the people withheld the address saying they would send it to me in the morning when I could set my met. I was nothing if not vigilant about it and literally set alarms on my phone daily to check on it.
I know that some of you guys dont lose sleep over bikes but this means a hell of alot more to me than it does to you guys......Im sorry if Im weird or odd but thats just how I am.

This whole thread was just a means for me to vent and get it off my chest so i could move on and let it go because I know alot of folks here felt my pain. It was never meant to question my love of bikes or my ability to "suck it up and move on" or even my methods of getting old bikes. This was one of those situations where I literally did everything right and the spawn of satan seller lied to me and did the opposite of what the b%^& agreed to do.

I dont mean to sound irritated or anything, its just I followed and chased this bike for over a month and was on it like "stink on sh^&" as my dad would say, down to the last second and lost alot of sleep and got up early alot of days to stay on it. It meant alot to me because Ive been after an original survivor cycle truck I can afford for longer than I can remember and this one was literally the pinnacle of what i had dreamed of. I was crushed in every sense of the word and I needed to vent so i wouldnt get too down.

To some people these bikes are just things, to me they mean way more than I can explain but that will never make sense to people. thanks for listening
I wasn't suggesting you were snoozing. I simply quoted a term I grew up with. It's kinda a funny term. I think I showed lots of empathy for your situation and then putting a bit of lighter spin on it after the fact attached to another Cabers comments. Don't put too much faith in people, as there are some bad ones out there, just enjoy the good ones more and you'll be fine. There will always be another bicycle. Time to move on. Merry Christmas Chris!

I wasn't suggesting you were snoozing. I simply quoted a term I grew up with. It's kinda a funny term. I think I showed lots of empathy for your situation and then putting a bit of lighter spin on it after the fact attached to another Cabers comments. Don't put too much faith in people, as there are some bad ones out there, just enjoy the good ones more and you'll be fine. There will always be another bicycle. Time to move on. Merry Christmas Chris!
I was kind of intending that more for Frankster honestly....

You have to understand, as much hell as that bike put me thru, as much and as hard as I chased it, I get a little upset when someone suggests I wasnt quick enough or didnt force the issue of picking it up that night enough.
As much as I would like to "move on" from things, it isnt how Im wired and I will remember this situation for the rest of my life. Now I spend my time looking literally every single day for another survivor cycle truck and I spend the other time flagging all of the ladies posts as spam and reporting her until she deletes all her ads. I have made it my personal mission in life to insure she can never sell anything ever again.
Folks wont understand me and my ways but Ive learned that its ok to be different and its ok to be passionate about things you love.

Chris, you did nothing wrong...you did everything right in my opinion. It's just stuff like this happens every day. I think about my grandfather in 1939 buying his farm on a main highway, a rectangle with a five acre additional chunk on road he wanted to buy. He paid $75/acre back then for the place, a lot back then...but he offered the 5 acre owner $5,000 for just that 5 acres he wanted so bad. He met with the owner and they shook hands. It was a done deal. He was going to bring that $5K the next day. All was in agreement. Next day grandad stops by with a bank certified check. That #^&#% owner said sorry...I sold it last night to a business. How much? grandad asked...$5,000.
They had a handshake agreement (binding in Virginia)...owner lied, sold it for same price.
Why? He was jealous, wanted to sh*t on him, etc. So all these years a farm with a business in front. He could of sued owner.
Did you ever watch movie "Shawshank Redemption"? Morgan Freeman goes before parole board, turned down every time. Finally he just doesn't care anymore.

Then he's released. Life is weird like that. You really want something and the owner sells to someone else. Why? Maybe it gives them some weird thrill, sense of control, who knows. Lots of people are strange and hard to understand their motives. "I want it"..."But you can't have it".

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Chris, you did nothing wrong...you did everything right in my opinion. It's just stuff like this happens every day. I think about my grandfather in 1939 buying his farm on a main highway, a rectangle with a five acre additional chunk on road he wanted to buy. He paid $75/acre back then for the place, a lot back then...but he offered the 5 acre owner $5,000 for just that 5 acres he wanted so bad. He met with the owner and they shook hands. It was a done deal. He was going to bring that $5K the next day. All was in agreement. Next day grandad stops by with a bank certified check. That #^&#% owner said sorry...I sold it last night to a business. How much? grandad asked...$5,000.
They had a handshake agreement (binding in Virginia)...owner lied, sold it for same price.
Why? He was jealous, wanted to sh*t on him, etc. So all these years a farm with a business in front. He could of sued owner.
Did you ever watch movie "Shawshank Redemption"? Morgan Freeman goes before parole board, turned down every time. Finally he just doesn't care anymore.

Then he's released. Life is weird like that. You really want something and the owner sells to someone else. Why? Maybe it gives them some weird thrill, sense of control, who knows. Lots of people are strange and hard to understand their motives. "I want it"..."But you can't have it".

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
Loved that movie, and I'm not much a movie guy.

I was kind of intending that more for Frankster honestly....

You have to understand, as much hell as that bike put me thru, as much and as hard as I chased it, I get a little upset when someone suggests I wasnt quick enough or didnt force the issue of picking it up that night enough.
As much as I would like to "move on" from things, it isnt how Im wired and I will remember this situation for the rest of my life. Now I spend my time looking literally every single day for another survivor cycle truck and I spend the other time flagging all of the ladies posts as spam and reporting her until she deletes all her ads. I have made it my personal mission in life to insure she can never sell anything ever again.
Folks wont understand me and my ways but Ive learned that its ok to be different and its ok to be passionate about things you love.
Hey Taco
The bike didn't put you through hell, You put You through hell!!! If I was a therapist I would recommend you try to collect something different if it messes you up that bad. You want an original Cycle Truck go hang around Chicago Bicycle Swap Meets that is where I run across them. As far as owning one to keep and ride I just pass them by I just think they are just weird little bikes. not much for riding. I have bought and sold a few of them in the past good moneymakers that is just my opinion.

Hey Taco
The bike didn't put you through hell, You put You through hell!!! If I was a therapist I would recommend you try to collect something different if it messes you up that bad. You want an original Cycle Truck go hang around Chicago Bicycle Swap Meets that is where I run across them. As far as owning one to keep and ride I just pass them by I just think they are just weird little bikes. not much for riding. I have bought and sold a few of them in the past good moneymakers that is just my opinion.
Agree to disagree. Ive been collecting for 25+ years at this point and have no plans of stopping in this lifetime but i do reserve the right to be disappointed when a deal i fought tooth and nail for falls thru.
You may never understand what makes me tick but this stuff has basically been my life and my passion, while not popular to some, is still passion and this world lacks it these days. I do appreciate ya stopping by. Have a nice Christmas

Agree to disagree. Ive been collecting for 25+ years at this point and have no plans of stopping in this lifetime but i do reserve the right to be disappointed when a deal i fought tooth and nail for falls thru.
You may never understand what makes me tick but this stuff has basically been my life and my passion, while not popular to some, is still passion and this world lacks it these days. I do appreciate ya stopping by. Have a nice Christmas
Try searching the Chicago area that is where Cycletrucks were made seems to be more around there for some reason than anywhere else. Get in touch with some collectors over there. Whenever I need to locate Schwinn stuff that is where I find it. I will keep an eye peeled for you!! Rudy K promotes a swap over there in Addison. Joe runs a bike shop in Arlington. Get with the Schwinn guys and you will find one. Best of luck!!!!

Back