When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone help me determine value of this jc Higgins colorflow?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nick19

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi was wondering what this girls colorflow might be worth, I know it’s worth whatever someone will pay but I’m clueless to the value considering it’s been semi restored, also if someone knows the year and or things right and wrong with the bike please let me know! I appreciate any knowledge!!! Thanks

86DEBB3A-5487-4883-AA98-6460D80B7181.jpeg

7D32F32A-F5D1-4001-9F3C-0B3FF55FE9D7.jpeg

245E0619-0712-4C88-8A50-0CC378CF119B.jpeg

389068E0-38DF-4D24-95B6-29AC309CC528.jpeg

I have no idea but thought I'd say nice looking bike. Interesting paint schemes these bikes had. It does have an incorrect front brace on it though. The correct brace would be painted like the rear brace and wrap around the outside of the fender.

YOUR ALLSO MISSING THE FRONT SPINGER SUSPENSION,THAT IS COMMON ON THE COLORFLOWS.THE REAR RACK IS MISSING THE JC HIGGINS SCRIPTED EMBLEMS,AND THERE SHOULD BE A CHROME BEZEL OR SPACER WITH THE RACK JEWELS.MISSING THE SCRIPTED PEDALS ALSO.AS IT SITS MIGHT BE WORTH $200 -$300

20170115_110422.jpg

In the Sears catalogs from the early 50's there were Deluxe JC Higgins models that did not have springer forks. This picture is from the Spring / Summer 1950 catalog. With the springer fork, the price was $51.75; without the springer fork, the price was $46.75

20190914_095645.jpg

$275 would be it and that's being liberal. The buyers of these early girl's bikes usually part them out to use for boy's bikes. Sad, but there is little interest in girl's bikes. Individually, the parts will total more, but it's a hassle selling stuff for what little profit there is. I've parted several of that same bike myself. It looks like it may have a nice boy's saddle on it. That's a plus. The tank [less the jewels] frame, crank , chain ring, pedals and handlebars go to the scrapper. Girl's parts are a hard sell. They sit around forever and end up being given away free.

When you're looking at Google images of 50's era JC Higgins colorflow bikes, take a look at how the name JC Hinngs was applied. Sometimes on the tank, sometimes on the chain guard, and sometimes on the rear rack. Probably depended on the year. Kind of like when a car company changes tail light bezels on a model and calls it the next year's model. Do a ton of research, first find the serial number and ID the year, then find other examples to figure out just what is correct for your year. Just because yours doesn't have a springer and an emblen on the rack, doesnt mean it's not correct as it sets. One group of pictures is from a barn find of nothing but color flows, whole bikes and parts. Lots of racks in those pictures don't have an emblem on them.

Thank you all for the info! I’m new and just getting into the older bike seen, I think there all beautiful in there own way but I really do appreciate the knowledge, are there any girls bikes that are rare to are worth anything to look out for? Also I came across a Columbia 5 Star superb I know it’s a girls but any chance it’s worth anything? With bike out of the two( superb or colorflow) has a better following? I’m thinking about getting it for my girlfriend just to cruise around on! I’ll post a photo below!

F487E977-63A5-4E3E-BD07-810081E67F0A.jpeg

7C65FA6E-1D7B-4933-8763-8006F5B6DC34.jpeg

The original-post girl's bike was manufactured by Murray.
For a thread with similar Murray-built bikes, browse through the following:
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/murray-serial-number-project.7014/
I’m clueless, if someone knows the year with the bike please let me know! I appreciate any knowledge
1937-59 Murray Ohio Serials.jpg

Murray-built bikes may be dated to-the-year, by the alphabetical code stamping on the bottom of the bike, a MOS-# for a Sears bike.
Often the date letter would be followed by numbers indicating the model number, reflecting the various optional parts or accessories furnished with the bike when it was original, from base model to the more de luxe. Things often get changed during refurbs.
The seat post/clamp looks like the earlier (late 1940's) design; later (mid-1950's) models might have a wider post and a separate clamp.

I believe that the later-post, girl's Columbia may be from the 1990's, like a tribute or re-introduction. It may depend on the girlfriend, whether she prefers the older classic/refurb, or the newer and shiny repro.
Bezels pair.jpg
Rack bezels for reflective jewels.

Last edited:
Back