When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone help me with this Mercury bike

-
the young man that owned this bike was 14 years old and purchased it new and was beyond his years.his two sons who are in ther 60s told the story 2 the auction house. i was really impressed with how this bike was accessorized.not only did he have all these lights working ,each light was wired separately to one of them toggel switches.when i removed the fork i found a plate brazed the the tube ,kinda like steering stop so the truss rods would not hit the tank.took me a little while to figure it out why i cound not remove the fork with out removing the lower bearing cup and bearing .but now it is all back to the way that 14 year old had it set and every thing is working.that little canister secured to the front tube holds a bike chain ,has a little dial on top that rotates to a certain spot with a lever that unlocks the cover ,never seen one before ,but cool.

20230217_181520.jpg

Congrats! Glad it's staying in New England! My friend and I were joking that it must have been like getting ready to take a airplane off with all those switches ,your right there ,took my time and got them all wired to each light,had to get them all working !kid must have been a electrical enigneer!!

That is an AC brand speedo. The pod needs a Stewart-Warner speedo.
If that speedo is a add on. There’s a mercury duel pod bike for sale here that would be a great fit. Maybe including yourself in the pictures would be more interesting than some old bicycle that’s in need of a bath just saying 😎

the young man that owned this bike was 14 years old and purchased it new and was beyond his years.his two sons who are in ther 60s told the story 2 the auction house. i was really impressed with how this bike was accessorized.not only did he have all these lights working ,each light was wired separately to one of them toggel switches.when i removed the fork i found a plate brazed the the tube ,kinda like steering stop so the truss rods would not hit the tank.took me a little while to figure it out why i cound not remove the fork with out removing the lower bearing cup and bearing .but now it is all back to the way that 14 year old had it set and every thing is working.that little canister secured to the front tube holds a bike chain ,has a little dial on top that rotates to a certain spot with a lever that unlocks the cover ,never seen one before ,but cool.
Killer bike! Just an FYI if you didn't know, that stop on the fork tube is factory.

Back