When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please HELP date an early Elgin?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
dsc09870.jpg
Can someone please HELP date an early Elgin, serial: 79290. It has nearly flat rain gutter fenders (very shallow) Model "A" New Departure, has the diagonal Elgin badge without pins or screws showing, front fender braces are rods, rear flat metal. Front rim was 28" all wood with metal sheath where tire rests, Rear was all steel 28".
Thanks...
bri.

Last edited:
Thought I would share some research information with you. While gathering info on this Elgin, I have found: It to be a circa 1923 model. Information in an ad regarding the colors offered for that year (alternate color scheme - green head and seatpost w/black frame/wheels), plus illustrations (correct chainring style/fender and fender bracing) brought me to this conclusion.
Biggest find was to learn that "Elgin" brand for Sears and Roebuck began with the 1903 model year. (There were other "Elgin" brands thru about 1908).
bri.

Back