When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please identify this bike for me!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
S

sushijunction

This bicycle has been hanging in the barn for as long as I can remember. Anyone know anything about it. please help. Thanks. It does have a Belknap tag on the front. What year?? I have no idea.

Attachments

• Bicycle1.JPG
    Bicycle1.JPG
    901.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Bicycle2.JPG
    Bicycle2.JPG
    903.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Bicycle3.JPG
    Bicycle3.JPG
    866.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Bicycle5.JPG
    Bicycle5.JPG
    728 KB · Views: 73
  • Bicycle6.JPG
    Bicycle6.JPG
    805.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
1941-1945 Dayton...

It looks like the handlebars/stem were painted black along with the crank and sprocket...:cool:

Could be a WWII issue chromeless model

Stay tuned for a book of information from others on here I can only type small amounts of info at a time...:)

And HERE we GOOOOO.

Huffman Dayton same thing if you have a picture of the frame brackets for the rear fender then, WE can correctly identify it...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here are some more photos

Here are some more photos, Thanks for your input. Is there anything that can be discerned from the serial number as to what year this bicycle was manufactured? I have seen references to Mercury making Belknap and also Murray. I am not sure if the handlbars are black or not, it may be just the chrome has worn off. The sprocket and everything was covered with a generous coat of grease some time ago and attracts dirt.

Attachments

• Bicycle7.JPG
    Bicycle7.JPG
    900.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Bicycle8.JPG
    Bicycle8.JPG
    874.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Bicycle9.JPG
    Bicycle9.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Bicycle10.JPG
    Bicycle10.JPG
    877.7 KB · Views: 73
ok, my turn to hazard a guess. the frame style limits you to pre war, the later ones had a different seat post binder, as do the rear drop outs. it isn't black, just crusty so no war time. the serial isn't the same as 1940's bikes, and in 1938 and earlier the fender braces are flat. in 1940 the kick stand is welded to the frame so it's not a 1940. that leaves 1939 as a probable age.
now do you want to know exactly what year it is:D
send the numbers on the back of the fork crown and the numbers on the hub. the Morrow hubs are date coded. don't guess though, there are bunches of guys who think they have a 1936 bike because the hub has a "36" stamped into it. they get kinda sheepish when you explain that it means it is a 36 spoke hub. we're looking for a number and a letter together.
check out this thread.
http://www.thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1162

Last edited:
Where on the hub are the numbers?

Here is a picture of the fork crown. I think the numbers make out to be 12J. I am not sure where on the hub I would find the numbers you mentioned.

Attachments

• DSC01952.JPG
    DSC01952.JPG
    798.2 KB · Views: 62
here is a photo of my 1944 Dayton. "N"=1943 "3"=3rd quarter
vbulletin

here's a couple of the whole bike:
vbulletin

vbulletin

Last edited:
Back