When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can this Brooks Saddle be salvaged?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HerrOtto

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, not sure if I am posting in the right area but, today I picked up this old Brooks saddle and was wondering if it can be salvaged? The leather is hard and misshaped. The leather is not torn or cracked. In addition, would you happen to know what model it is? Thank you

20230125_185843.jpg

20230125_185852.jpg

20230125_185901.jpg

20230125_185915.jpg

20230125_185921.jpg

It looks like it has a split at each nose rivet(?). At least the picture looks like it does.

They can be re-shaped, but there is always some risk involved. You would de-tension the saddle slowly, wet the saddle and shape. Pictures show it better:

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, while taking the tension off the adjuster, the leather cracked.

Yeah, too far gone. I've lost a couple B72s that way over the years - splits after trying to set up, or splits after the first ride or two. It's a natural material and once it dries out that badly, it's an uphill battle. But you try because every so often you get lucky.

Back