When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we please stop

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"RESTORED" The fact is I have never seen a truly restored bicycle--ever, by anyone. I'm guilty of using the label myself but the ones that kill me are...restored, fresh powder coated frame.... really, I didn't know Schwinn, CWC, Monark or any other manufacturer used powder. Some of the best ones are on Ebay with modern wheelsets, seats, grips, bars, and pedals yet it is restored? If it has chrome parts that shouldn't be e.g. fender braces, pedals, kick stands, bottom bracket hardware, brake arms, seat posts/clamps, etc... it isn't restored. Most of the aforementioned parts were either zinc chromate or cad plated. Ever look at how thin the paint was sprayed on an original bike? the erratic pinstriping you find? Chrome is generally mediocre at best. This is because these were done on an assembly line where these things were done in minutes, not hours. Color sanding/buffing--yea right. Ok that's my rant for the day! V/r Shawn

"RESTORED" The fact is I have never seen a truly restored bicycle--ever, by anyone. I'm guilty of using the label myself but the ones that kill me are...restored, fresh powder coated frame.... really, I didn't know Schwinn, CWC, Monark or any other manufacturer used powder. Some of the best ones are on Ebay with modern wheelsets, seats, grips, bars, and pedals yet it is restored? If it has chrome parts that shouldn't be e.g. fender braces, pedals, kick stands, bottom bracket hardware, brake arms, seat posts/clamps, etc... it isn't restored. Most of the aforementioned parts were either zinc chromate or cad plated. Ever look at how thin the paint was sprayed on an original bike? the erratic pinstriping you find? Chrome is generally mediocre at best. This is because these were done on an assembly line where these things were done in minutes, not hours. Color sanding/buffing--yea right. Ok that's my rant for the day! V/r Shawn

nail on the head!

I always laugh when I hear the word "Patina". Come on it's corrosion!!! I kmow I'm in the minority, but there is no such thing as good patina. Just my two cents.
I agree. I don't mind when paint has aged to a deeper more mellow color but I cannot stand rust. I'd rather see a bike repainted when you can't see any of the original color and all that's coating it is rust. I also feel that ALL bikes should be given a thorough cleaning at the very least when they have been taken in from the elements.

Vintage is the most bastardized term out there. Vintage refers to a single year that grapes were harvested in a specific wine... NOT a general term used to describe anything "old".

Vintage is the most bastardized term out there. Vintage refers to a single year that grapes were harvested in a specific wine... NOT a general term used to describe anything "old".

Can't agree more.....

Also, things that were made in the 1970s don't qualify as "antique" to me. Really though, I didn't mean to start a general speak your grievance thread. Just sick of of the Schwinn terminology (or lack thereof) lately. Its not a Schwinn Cadillac, its either a cantilever, B model, C model, D model, etc.

Back