When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you help identify this saddle? Manufacturer, Approximate year and for what Bicycle

-

dave laidacker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Trying to determine the manufacturer and approximate year of this saddle. Of course the top is leather but in lieu of a metal pan there is another layer of leather on the underside. The top layer still has the remains of (2) decorative inscriptions. One is located on the top toward the rear of the seat and the other is located on right hand side. The inscription on the right side looks possibly to be two Pegasus's when viewed with a magnifying glass.

I did find a photo of a Pearson saddle that looks similar.

When time allows let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Dave

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

The side stamp is definitely Persons. I have 2 or 3 Persons seats with that ornate Persons side stamp

Thanks for reaching out and providing some information about this saddle. I believe with your suggestions which led to several other hints it is fair to say it is a Persons Saddle circa 1910 +/-.

Thanks again.

Dave

There's a lot more going on with that rear spring arrangement on the patent illustrations. Especially on the second one!

Back