When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can you help me identify this schwinn continental?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dkrstic79

On Training Wheels
According to the serial date code, bicycle I have should be 1984 Schwinn Continental, however, my research indicates that last Continental was produced in 1982.

I am including pictures, and serial number of my bike.

Any help is appreciated:

SN is BV519412

IMG_20140826_200458.jpg
IMG_20140826_200443.jpg

What does the decal on the top tube say, I can't read it but it doesn't look like Continental. That bike has side pull brakes and the Conti's had center pull brakes.

Okay, I copied the picture and blew it up. That is a Conti decal. Original? Getting the build date off the head badge and a shot of the drive side would help.

I see some stampings on the bars, both sides of the stem. What does that say?

Last edited:
I had those same bars on my dad's 81 (they were original). One side says Sakae Custom Japan and the other SR Road Champion.

If that is an 84, it would have been Huffy built, maybe they used side pulls the last year??

I had those same bars on my dad's 81 (they were original). One side says Sakae Custom Japan and the other SR Road Champion.

If that is an 84, it would have been Huffy built, maybe they used side pulls the last year??

Schwinn was producing lightweights like the Le Tour down south in Greenville during this time. I think it was Murray that produced a few antiquated lightweights for Schwinn, not Huffy.

I wish I could view your link Lee. Any idea why I was banned from the SBF and why Jennifer blocked my IP so I can't view the forum as a guest? I was given no reason why to anything by anybody.

Last edited:
Schwinn was producing lightweights like the Le Tour down south in Greenville during this time. I think it was Murray that produced a few antiquated lightweights for Schwinn, not Huffy.

I wish I could view your link Lee. Any idea why I was banned from the SBF and why Jennifer blocked my IP so I can't view the forum as a guest? I was given no reason why to anything by anybody.

You're right, I don't know why I posted Huffy.....

This is actually my bike

All, thanks for posting. My friend dkristic79 posted this for me. First, I will get some better pictures over the weekend.

I am pretty sure I bought this bike in '84 to replace my canary yellow continental which had been stolen. I bought it in Evanston Illinois. I am pretty sure I have the original manual and probably receipt I will try to find. I bought it as a "continental". I wanted another one. At that time I was riding every day to commute to work and this big heavy bike was right for me along the Chicago bike path. I do not remember them telling me they were no longer made.

So I will see what I can find and follow up. Thanks!

Back