When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cancelled ebay items - bad luck or a trend?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Saddly it has been happening to me a few times lately. Hasn't happened in a long time, but it the last few months it has stated again. Even had oni seller tell he forgot that he had already sold an item a few months before he listed it on eBay.....

How the f? Do you list an item you don't have? Total BS...

Yes! I recently bought something on EBay and I got for a really good price, about 5 hours later the guy just up and refunded me and never contacted me. When I contacted him he said EBay made an error in the shipping, so he canceled the transaction. The next day it was back up for double the price and double the shipping! I think with this pandemic there are more people shopping and not traveling, so it’s difficult to get certain items, and once they figure this out they list stuff for top dollar.

Even had one seller tell he forgot that he had already sold an item a few months before he listed it on eBay.....
I had the same thing happen on a Shelby Chainguard . Sellers need to see the item in front of them before listing. :mad: --- ----- :poutingcat: Is this part of the " Dumbing down of America " ??

I have cancelled e bay listings but never when a bid has been placed and accepted or over my starting price. I usually do five day listings with a starting price I am okay with along with a Best Offer option that I can accept, counter or deny. I don't list BIN because they run for 30 days. I will run a CL ad at the same time as an e bay ad and I indicate that item is for sale locally and listing could end at anytime prior to accepted bid.

I have cancelled e bay listings but never when a bid has been placed and accepted or over my starting price. I usually do five day listings with a starting price I am okay with along with a Best Offer option that I can accept, counter or deny. I don't list BIN because they run for 30 days. I will run a CL ad at the same time as an e bay ad and I indicate that item is for sale locally and listing could end at anytime prior to accepted bid.

BIN's can run for the shortest number of days eBay has. But it can also run for 30 days if the seller chooses that option.

another ebay phenomenon... I've seen a bike or 2 I was interested in...that were overpriced..
I reach out to the seller and make a fair offer IF the bike doesn't sell. Twice in the last couple of
weeks they agreed to the offer if the bike doesn't sell ...and the bike naturally did not sell. They then ignore the follow up
regarding their agreement to sell it for the price offered. Crickets. people suck

Back