When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cancelled ebay items - bad luck or a trend?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
BIN's can run for the shortest number of days eBay has. But it can also run for 30 days if the seller chooses that option.
Only if you list a BIN in auction format with a starting price and it's at least a five day listing. 3 days or less adds $1.00 If you do a Fixed BIN the standard auction run is 30 days.

Ebay......where do I start! Its pretty bad when you hit the 'buy now button'-pay immediately and about an hour or so later they cancel on you....."item no longer for sale". Probably someone saw it-was thinking about it and when it sold-contacted the seller to offer more money. Does ebay care-heck no-their cut just got bigger!

Bid it up to what it’s worth instead of trying to steal it especially if you can use it and you will probably never have it yanked out from under you
You cant do that if the item is listed at a low price and you are the only one bidding. Yes you can place a max bid but it will only be driven by other bidders.

You cant do that if the item is listed at a low price and you are the only one bidding. Yes you can place a max bid but it will only be driven by other bidders.
Only if someone exceeds your max bid. E bay isn't a live auction and they only use enough of your max bid to cover someone chipping away dollar by dollar. IE: If an item has a starting price of $10 and you place a bid of $50 it's possible you win the item for much less than $50

On another e bay note.....I can't tell you how much I dislike seller hub....Once you go to take a look that's it, there is no undoing it and they can't/won't take you off of it.

Last edited:
Most people are trying to get a good deal , if you own the bike or part you can do whatever you want . Stuff happens all the time at bike shows and swap meets . I recently had a guy overpriced his junker bike , he said he would throw it away in the junk before he would sell it to me for my price , he then asked me if I was ready to buy it at my price ,. It has been on offer up for 3 weeks at the price I offered .

What really stinks is when you have a starting price with a best offer option. Happened two time this week alone. I had an item with a starting price of $149.95 + shipping. I had an offer of $140 and I accepted it. Buyer never paid and it took my item off the market for four days. Only way around that is just list it again the day after you know the buyer isn't paying.

I just bought a hard to find bicycle part on Ebay and thought I was going to get jilted. This guy had good feedback but his distant negs were for not shipping an item that sold kind of cheaply. The piece I bought was about $100 under market so I was a little iffy when after 5 days, there was still no shipping action. I sent a kind poke and the next thing you know, it should be here Monday.
Fingers crossed.
I can understand this though. Money is tight as it gets right now. People are selling off their little gold bricks they've held in reserve. All of a sudden the market floods, prices drop and you cant stand to see your gold brick go for peanuts.

Back