When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cancelled

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TJW

Finally riding a big boys bike
Several people have asked about the condition of the other parts that have not been unpacked.

I was hoping to not have to repack each piece.

But I can see, from the questions I am receiving, that I am going to have to completely unpack and unwrap everything to make sure nothing else got damaged. I did look at each item but did not remove any of the bubble wrap, etc. The rack was the only piece that had obvious damage.

Anyway, after I have completely unpacked each piece, I will most likely repost the bike for sale and I will then better be able to answer any questions about possible damage to other pieces of this bike.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

************************************************************************************************************
I have decided to part company with this bike. As discussed in another thread, the rear rack on this bike got damaged in shipment. I am now tired of fooling with this bike and am ready to erase this bad memory.

I think it is probably a very pretty bike but I have never seen it in person when it was assembled.

I bought this bike last December from bclark58mx who is a cabe member. It was previously owned by frank71 who is also a cabe member.

Here is the description written by bclark58mx last December:
SCHWINN AUTOCYCLE

- Up for sale is a restored Schwinn B6 Autocycle men's bike. I believe it's a 1949. The serial number is on the bottom bracket. It's F212425.

- This bike was professionally restored and painted. It's a nice paint job. There is a couple Knicks in the paint. The front fork has a scratch on the right side. It's got solid Chrome. It's maroon and cream. Check out the photos.

- Both wheels are center stamped Schwinn Tubular S2. They are original wheels.

- The seat has been professionally restored. It's stamped Mesinger. Very nice. See photos.
*********************************************************************************************************************

After I had received the bike and subsequently starting unpacking it, the first thing I noticed was the bent rack (the rack had been removed from the bike for shipping).

Upon seeing the bent rack, I stopped unpacking so everything else is still in the shipping boxes and still wrapped in bubble wrap, etc.

Since they were never unpackaged, I do not know if the horn or the front light work.

I am now offering the bike for $1000, as it is, including shipping via bikeflights.com to the lower 48 states, with payment to be made via U S Postal Money Order.

I personally think that it could be a very good buy for someone at this price.

Please send PM if interested.

If the bike doesn't sell intact, then I will be parting it out so let me know if you would be interested in any of the parts.

These are the pictures from the original listing on this bike:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Here are pictures of the bent rack. I managed to straighten it some, but it still needs more work and will need to be painted.
IMG_3341[1].JPG
IMG_3342[1].JPG
IMG_3343[1].JPG
IMG_3344[1].JPG
IMG_3345[1].JPG
IMG_3346[1].JPG
IMG_3347[1].JPG

Last edited:
So if you haven’t unpacked the rest of the bike knowing the rack was damaged, wouldn’t it be a gamble for the buyer? Not saying it wasn’t packed great, but sometimes that doesn’t matter with Fedex. I would think the new buyer would want to know if the rest of the bike is okay, or if there was more damage...

I understand your frustration. Whats so hard about wrapping that rack with some cardboard to help protect it a bit, right? I recently got a bike packed sub par, the rack clamp must have fell out the bottom of the gaping hole in the box corner, and the pedals were loose in there also. Luckily the fender stays weren't bent so bad i couldn't straighten them out. Sorry for your loss !!!

So if you haven’t unpacked the rest of the bike knowing the rack was damaged, wouldn’t it be a gamble for the buyer? Not saying it wasn’t packed great, but sometimes that doesn’t matter with Fedex. I would think the new buyer would want to know if the rest of the bike is okay, or if there was more damage...
I sent a PM with those concerns as well.

Several people have asked about the condition of the other parts that have not been unpacked.

I was hoping to not have to repack each piece.

But I can see, from the questions I am receiving, that I am going to have to completely unpack and unwrap everything to make sure nothing else got damaged. I did look at each item but did not remove any of the bubble wrap, etc. The rack was the only piece that had obvious damage.

Anyway, after I have completely unpacked each piece, I will most likely repost the bike for sale and I will then better be able to answer any questions about possible damage to other pieces of this bike.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

************************************************************************************************************
I have decided to part company with this bike. As discussed in another thread, the rear rack on this bike got damaged in shipment. I am now tired of fooling with this bike and am ready to erase this bad memory.

I think it is probably a very pretty bike but I have never seen it in person when it was assembled.

I bought this bike last December from bclark58mx who is a cabe member. It was previously owned by frank71 who is also a cabe member.

Here is the description written by bclark58mx last December:
SCHWINN AUTOCYCLE

- Up for sale is a restored Schwinn B6 Autocycle men's bike. I believe it's a 1949. The serial number is on the bottom bracket. It's F212425.

- This bike was professionally restored and painted. It's a nice paint job. There is a couple Knicks in the paint. The front fork has a scratch on the right side. It's got solid Chrome. It's maroon and cream. Check out the photos.

- Both wheels are center stamped Schwinn Tubular S2. They are original wheels.

- The seat has been professionally restored. It's stamped Mesinger. Very nice. See photos.
*********************************************************************************************************************

After I had received the bike and subsequently starting unpacking it, the first thing I noticed was the bent rack (the rack had been removed from the bike for shipping).

Upon seeing the bent rack, I stopped unpacking so everything else is still in the shipping boxes and still wrapped in bubble wrap, etc.

Since they were never unpackaged, I do not know if the horn or the front light work.

I am now offering the bike for $1000, as it is, including shipping via bikeflights.com to the lower 48 states, with payment to be made via U S Postal Money Order.

I personally think that it could be a very good buy for someone at this price.

Please send PM if interested.

If the bike doesn't sell intact, then I will be parting it out so let me know if you would be interested in any of the parts.

These are the pictures from the original listing on this bike:
View attachment 779446 View attachment 779447 View attachment 779448 View attachment 779449 View attachment 779450 View attachment 779451 View attachment 779452 View attachment 779453 View attachment 779454 View attachment 779455 View attachment 779456 View attachment 779457

Here are pictures of the bent rack. I managed to straighten it some, but it still needs more work and will need to be painted.
View attachment 779463 View attachment 779464 View attachment 779465 View attachment 779466 View attachment 779467 View attachment 779468 View attachment 779469
Dang...that hurts. Sorry to see.

Back