When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cant beat the Price!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One of my “Neighbors”(I use this term loosely because I live in the country and 4 miles is considered a neighbor lol) told me about some old bikes he had and that he’d like me to have them. Nothing ridiculously valuable, but still of some significance, and awfully generous nonetheless. 1967 Schwinn Deluxe Collegiate with headlight, taillight, speedo, and air pump(anybody have a tailight lense for this?). And an old “musclebike” Murray built Gambles Hiawatha Sidewinder. Not sure on year of this one, can anyone help me out? Neat bikes, not sure what I’m going to do with the Hiawatha… He also says he has his wife’s original “Slik Chik” with the OG slick on the back, and complete paperwork for the Collegiate.

View attachment 1673508

View attachment 1673509

View attachment 1673510

View attachment 1673511

View attachment 1673512

View attachment 1673513

View attachment 1673514
Sidewinder: Different paint scheme, name and a coaster brake vs 5-speed, but basically, it's the same manufacture sold with Sears label.

95e1bb1d3d0f7cbf65de728cacbdb06b.jpg

Well, there was a “Gambles” store in Carlinville(my hometown) at one point. My dad was born in 1966 and does not remember it being around. The bike was bought from the store by a kid in town, but must’ve closed shortly after because my dad doesn’t remember it there.
My first bike was a Murray built Hiawatha Cadet my dad bought for me in 1967 when I was 7 from.the Gambles in Platteville Wisconsin.. I rode the wheels off that bike until.it got ripped off out of our garage a couple years later... I loved that bike.. Great score on 2 COOOL old bikes.. RideOn..

Back