When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cant get screws off my shifter

-

Heraklinos92

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Suspended
pics provided show the problem. yes i used a screwdriver but wont turn. Did manage to get one screw off lol. what should i do?

1503509449153-1643465772.jpg

I have had a lot of success spraying a small amount of wd40 around the edge of the screw head and letting it sit for +/- an hour then spray again and wait again.

Definitely hit it with some wd40 a few times and let it sit . Make sure you're using the correct size screw driver so that you don't end up destroying the head of the screw. These require a thicker tip then you're average screwdriver.

I've had to drill one out due to the previous owner damaging the screw but that should definitely be your last resort.

Definitely hit it with some wd40 a few times and let it sit . Make sure you're using the correct size screw driver so that you don't end up destroying the head of the screw. These require a thicker tip then you're average screwdriver.

I've had to drill one out due to the previous owner damaging the screw but that should definitely be your last resort.
Very true - screw driver size is the key

I have a small cordless impact driver that I use on stuck screws and bolts. The impact action has loosened lots of screws that I was ready to give up on.

I would try aerokroil or other penetrating type spray first over a couple days. then using the right size screwdriver In the slot, give it a tap or two on the screwdriver handle top with a hammer and then try turning it. This usual works for me.

WD-40 and a good newer Phillips screwdriver. You may also try a lil heat in the form of a BIC lighter of equivalent.

Back