When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Themed Huffy Bicycles

-
Didn't they also make a Thunderbird?

They did make Thunderbird models and I have a couple. They just didn't match what I was doing for these images. I have a 1957 Thunderbird (badged as a Huffy) and then several from the 1960's that were badged as Monark bicycles.

Didn't they also make a Thunderbird?

They did make Thunderbird models and I have a couple. They just didn't match what I was doing for these images. I have a 1957 Thunderbird (badged as a Huffy) and then several from the 1960's that were badged as Monark bicycles.

I actually have 26 Huffy car themed bicycles. I just didn't post them all here, obviously.

I have a 1965 Corvair...I think it is badged as a Monark because the bolts have an "M". It's missing the chaingaurd so I'm not sure exactly which chaingaurd came with it... I've trying to figure out exactly which chaingaurd to look for. The rear carrier is also different from most Corvair, Camaro, Eldorado and El Camino bikes I have seen including the ones I see in this thread. What probably puzzles me most is why my Corvair has a Murray sprocket. Can anyone tell me if the Murray sprocket is correct and if so why mine has that? Also, can anyone tell me or show me via a photo which chaingaurd is correct for my bike?

20180612_155852.jpg

20180819_144906.jpg

20180612_155916.jpg

20180612_155940.jpg

20180531_204738.jpg

I have a 1965 Corvair...I think it is badged as a Monark because the bolts have an "M". It's missing the chaingaurd so I'm not sure exactly which chaingaurd came with it... I've trying to figure out exactly which chaingaurd to look for. The rear carrier is also different from most Corvair, Camaro, Eldorado and El Camino bikes I have seen including the ones I see in this thread. What probably puzzles me most is why my Corvair has a Murray sprocket. Can anyone tell me if the Murray sprocket is correct and if so why mine has that? Also, can anyone tell me or show me via a photo which chaingaurd is correct for my bike?

View attachment 855962

View attachment 855963

View attachment 855964

View attachment 855965

View attachment 855966
Someone changed the chain ring, it'd most likely have had the star ring and skinny guard seen on the other bikes above. That crown ghost on the head tube does suggest Monark badging. There was a Fury also, though pretty rare.

Someone changed the chain ring, it'd most likely have had the star ring and skinny guard seen on the other bikes above. That crown ghost on the head tube does suggest Monark badging. There was a Fury also, though pretty rare.
Thanks for responding. I might sound stupid...what is a "Fury"? Was that another company like Huffy, Monark? Thanks for telling me about the chaingaurd... I've been wondering which chaingaurd is correct for my bike.

Fury is the name of a Plymouth. The middle sixties ones were like a Dodge Coronet and they also begat Satellite and GTX while Dodge had Superbees.

1965-Plymouth-Fury-american-classics--Car-100854723-4a884fd350b6f1a9b47e46bbecbb7d5b.jpg

The later Furies were more like a Chrysler Newport. There were Fury II and III.

38006740001_original.jpg

The last Fury models were like the cop cars you saw on 70s TV and then the final Gran Fury was in the mid 80s

maxresdefault.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW7ip7tGGAMFBZcYp3XJpijbwfYf_iX2iyNmFjvhC6tGeJBnVX.jpg

fury2.jpg

The original Fury was Christine :smilingimp:It's an upmodel Belvedere from 1958.

attachment-image-258dfab5-980d-4758-950b-05f7a1cef351.jpg

Last edited:
I have a new Huffy Camaro in my collection that I am quite fond of. I can't imagine how a bike survived since 1970 with about 3 small nicks in the paint and not a spot of rust on the chrome anywhere. It even has the original tires and inner tubes. It's a beauty.

I also took some images of my three boys Camaros together (red is a 1970, orange and green are both 1969's) and then a few of my nicest red Huffy car themed bikes - 1966 Eldorado, 1970 Camaro, 1964 Galaxie, and 1972 Impala. I know Huffy bikes aren't the cream of the crop in the collector's world but they were made right here in my hometown and I enjoy collecting them.

If you have a decent Huffy car themed bike to sell, I'm your guy. I'm especially looking for the three Camaro colors that I know exist in boys bikes which I do not yet have - black, darker green, violet. Yes, there's a boys violet Camaro.

View attachment 853153

View attachment 853154

View attachment 853155

View attachment 853156

View attachment 853157

View attachment 853158

View attachment 853159

I'm still looking for the girls tank bezel and insides myself, if you have any leads.

Good to know about the Fury. I did buy the white girls tank that was on ebay this summer for my girls corvair bike. I'm still looking for the long skinny chaingaurd for my men's bike. I'm also gonna look for a sprocket bc apparently the Murraysprocket is not correct for my bike. A previous owner must of swithed it.

Okay, so, that bike of yours is really confusing me. I keep looking at it and trying to decide what all is going on there. I have 4-5 Monark badged Huffy-built car bikes and none of them have any "M" bolts anywhere. You have a Bendix 76 hub on the back wheel but your serial number says it's a 1965. So I don't think your wheel set is original to that bike. Also, I have one Huffy with that type of rack that is badged as a Firestone bike but that's the only one and I've always wondered about that bike and that rack. It's not a Huffy-made rack or it's one they used very, very briefly. It looks more like a Murray rack although I'm not saying Huffy didn't use it. And the chain ring is not correct, as stated above. I keep staring at that tank as well. The graphics on the top of the tank are what my Monark bikes have but the font used on "Corvair" is the type of font they used earlier on bikes like the Belair, Thunderbird, etc. I don't remember seeing that type of font on any bikes in the mid-60's. Finally, I can't tell if you should have had a bezel on there because the screws for one are there but then that crown right where the bezel would be makes no sense. Huffy always put that logo up above the bezel whether it was "Monark" or "Huffy".

My best guess is that Huffy threw together some parts they had around to fulfill a Monark contract. They did that with Firestone badged bikes sometimes too. I've seen them also do that with lots of girls bikes all the way into the 1970's. That may be the reason you have a Bendix 76 wheel set on there. Or someone may have pieced that bike together after the Bendix 76 wheel sets came out.

All in all, that bike is a confusing affair!!! Very cool, just confusing.

Back