When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carrier?

-

Barto

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello All,
Got this beauty sometime ago and I think I was told it was a Schwinn “Paper Boy bag carrier”! Super heavy duty, very sturdy steel rivet construction! Spot welded “U” strap supports. Adjustable installation bracket. “U” straps are semi rolled! Would it or could it ever be seen on a 41 Henderson labeled DX? I suspect these were accessories available for purchase - We’re these ever factory installed?
My uneducated eye says 1920 and installed on a Motobike - I was told these were more modern - 1940’s & possible early 50’s (hmmm??)

I bought them because they are Cool as hell - now I’m looking at them again!
Thx,
Bart

For sure, aftermarket accessory made available for paperboy delivery.
Those were still available at least into the 1970’s when I had my paper route.
1970’s??????? WOW!!!! Yeah, I delivered the Hartford Times and the Hartford Current in the early 70’s - never saw one before mine!
Thanks guys!!

I can tell you, for sure, never factory installed on a Schwinn. Don’t think they were factory on anything. Would have to go through my supply cars to determine maker/age. V/r Shawn
Didn’t think so but was hoping it was true - I recently got a 41 Henderson (DX) with a home made rear carrier I was thinking of replacing with this one! One thing for sure Shawn - this carrier is just stinkin’ cool!
Bart

Back