When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cash Paid - Gear Wanted! (With Pictures)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Like many of you I have more projects than I can keep up with, sometimes more wanted listings than I can keep up with as well.
I am going to attempt to consolidate those particular objects that I can show clear images of to this thread so that I may refer back to it regularly during trade negotiations as well as do a better job keeping the list updated with pieces I find and then new pieces I'm looking for.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you happen to have anything listed in this thread, I have $ and gear to trade with if thats what it takes.

I will try to keep individual items to their own posts in the thread to keep track - First up:

- Non-drive side Eclipse crank arm, a variation of a cotter pinned arm.
*Please note the distinct recessed back cast form visible on the back of the drive-side arm, the non drive will share this feature.

1897 Eclipse Crankset.jpg

Last edited:
I have a chainwheel for use with a Brown roller sprocket and chain- I would love to pair the chainwheel with that appropriate gear if it exists in the wild.
*I should mention my intention would be just to build a desktop reference drivetrain, akin to the 1970's tabletop drivetrains you saw in bikeshop showing the derailleur and drive mechanism of old Schwinn bicycles.

1896 Brown Patent Roller Crankset with Moores Roller chain.jpg

Last edited:
MILE high order - I have (possibly the last surviving?) Speeder 2 speed bicycle that is missing nearly all of its vital planetary shifting hardware.
For reference this bike was in the Schwinn family museum and retains their original tags-

I have consulted some of the finest machinists in the field of antique bicycle restoration and they have all shook their heads.
I have done a great deal of research, digging through every avenue I could conceive to find closeup perspectives as well as vital theoretical information.
Sadly the patent is of no help as the hardware was designed to be used in multiple applications and derived from an English patent.

I have managed to find some excellent perspective images, much more than I had when I started anyway.

If you have ANYTHING that may correspond to this project, please reach out.

1894 Speeder .jpg

1894 Speeder 2 speed bottom bracket X ray.jpg

1894 Speeder Illustration.jpg

Speeder Article Full Page Set in Referee.jpg

Speeder Component3.jpg

Speeder Component2.jpg

Speeder Component1.jpg

I am fortunate to have 5 / 6 of these funky stubby little pedals on my ca. 1897 Tribune Triplet but for the life of me I can't recall ever seeing such a pedal in literature or "in the flesh" before.

the tread is quite narrow, I have never seen this style block used prior to the turn of the 20th century so my instinct is the blocks were replaced at some point with whatever was available but who can say for sure?

While not "factory" correct hardware I believe this bike sports a great deal of the original riding team preference / personalization and that is the vision I would like to work towards putting together.

I was fortunate enough to find a collapsed rear wheel / 40h oversized barrel hub courtesy of a friend and caber of which he is going to modify the axle to fit the crazy narrow dropouts on this frame. I really look forward to seeing it at least partially upright and "complete"- I'll get it there.

Dreaming of finding the long lost 6th pedal to work towards completing this behemoth just in case anyone has such a solo in their stash.

1897 Tribune Pedal Example.jpg

1897 Tribune Triplet Catalog Page.jpg

Next up -
Looking for the removable top tube bar for the captain of this Stormer combination tandem.
Tall order, if I can't find it after a while I will attempt to fabricate something but figured it was worth a try asking the community!

For reference, I do not own rights to this image obviously.
Attached is an illustration of the Stormer Model 9 showing the top tube I'm hunting floating above the illustrated tandem.

tandem2.jpg

Stormer Model 9 tandem.jpg

Last edited:
WANTED:
D&J crank hanger for tandem - shown second from the right in this image.
The tandem I am working on uses an eccentric captain which is intact and a fixed position dual cog stoker crank which is missing.

D&J Hangers with eccentric.jpg

Merry Christmas addition edition !

I have an early men's Hibbard racer that is missing its badge. It is a crusty project but one I would love to see "whole" again -
This is an image of a badge I once owned for a comparable period "Lady Hibbard" -
I believe the badge I need is the same general shape and form but would read just "The Hibbard" with the bald eagle illustration beneath.

Lady Hibbard 03.jpg

Back