When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCM Canada. Canadian Cycle and Motor Company

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
CCM History: ( link from Cabe: https://thecabe.com/forum/media/img3-jpg.34109/#xfmg-comment-5642)

I grew up with this Brand. I have contributed information on the CCM Flyte bicycle in other forums. The 1st bike is a 1949 CCM with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed/rear drum brake.( an earlier toolbox saddle addition) Then 2- 1967 Centennial edition/100 years of Canada being a country 1867-1967 (w/stock German 2 speed kickback rear hubs), one branded as a 1967 Centennial, the other a GT- 101. The Flyte is a 1938, painted in 1936 two tone cream and black style. Era correct toolbox saddle, the "airflow bars" and tomahawk stem are my Custom additions. Note NOS Gibson aluminum pedals.

Flyte history:

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

Last edited:
Nice,

I had one of those frames once. Hygenic mono shock seat stay and leaf type spring at bottom bracket ( like a Flo Cycle) Very cool. Thanks for sharing John. The early stuff is outside my interest, but I bet there are quite a few Cabers that would like this bike, especially the Canucks. I'll send the link to one now. Cheers, Bob

The Brantford is before 1917 as CCM with Made in Toronto is before then. After that they say Weston . I would say it came with Wood rims new.

The Brantford is before 1917 as CCM with Made in Toronto is before then. After that they say Weston . I would say it came with Wood rims new.
Thanks Dave. The lack of wood rims caught my eye as well. I seem to remember a patent year in the early teens on my shock when I owned a frame some 30 or so years ago.

I still have a CCM Massey Silver Ribbon with Hygienic frame. Have had that bike about 25 years and put a lot of miles on it. Have ridden it too many Wheelmen meets in the US.over the years. I love riding that bike really nice gearing.

I had made new springs for those bike as most are broken. And to me that bike needs a new spring also which I have.

Back