When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCM Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wordman5

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just found this the other day. It's my first 28" wooden-rim bicycle.
Badge is marked CCM Cleveland, and the original store decal is on the frame downtube. It was bought in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't think I'll do anything to it, just wipe it down with an oily rag. It looks as though there's been some brush paintwork done. Anyone know if there should have been pinstripes on the frame/fenders?
When were wooden rims last used?
Thanks for looking!

Bike Manville Bad&.jpg

Bike Front Rim..jpg

Bike Right Front..jpg

Bike Left Serail &.jpg

Bike Left Rear..jpg

A couple of more images.

Attachments

• Bike Front Badge..jpg
    Bike Front Badge..jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Bike Right..jpg
    Bike Right..jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 279
Great find! Thats the first wood rim CCM I've ever seen. I have a early 40s CCM ladies bike that looks very similar, except I have chrome fenders and chainguard, also the pan seat. All 3 of the CCMs I've had from the late 30s early 40s era had double pinstriped rims, two of them had housepainted frames and the third had no pinstripes aside from the rims.Check your rear hub, if its a Perry it is British made.I also notice you don't have the CCM stamped chainring, by the 1940s they were definitely using those. I've enclosed a few pictures for you to see as a comparison. Thats all the info I can offer, good luck with the project!

Attachments

• Chainring CCM1..jpg
    Chainring CCM1..jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 252
  • Sub7..jpg
    Sub7..jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 225
  • CCM1.jpg
    CCM1.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Year of manufacture is 1925. The last year wood rims were made by CCM was 1927. Typically, the frame and fenders were pinstriped.

That's great, thanks for the info. I thought that was an 'F' until I looked at the CCM dating codes -- it would have to be an 'E'. Anyone have any advice for removing tires from wooden rims?

Where do you find the CCM dating codes? I would absolutely love to know where I can find such an animal!

You have a little gem there. I would give a lot to have one like that. Stunning!

Back