When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCM Flyte parts and info wanted

-

rustybits

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have recently been fortunate enough to purchase a 1941 (based on serial number which begins with 'e') CCM Flyte. It does not have the sexy curvy forks of the earlier years.

My understanding is that there were some problems with the iconic forks and so production of them was suspended towards the end of the production run. Or maybe they had simply run out of them and were using up extra frames etc.

In any case, I want to know how original the rest of the incomplete project is, - it is without fenders. I believe that it has the correct crank and sprocket. I have purchased a nice set of Gibson pedals. I am told that certain years had Endrich rims, but I don't know which years and which rims. Same with hubs. The year of manufacture determined the correct year of hub, but I don't know what is correct for that year.

I may be interested in purchasing a set of forks (the iconic ones) if that was an optional upgrade in 1941. If it wasn't, I still may be interested, just to tell the story of CCM 's contribution to the streamline era, and retain the forks that came with the bike as "the original supplied".

So, information welcome, as well as leads to the potential purchase of a set of iconic forks. I am aware that the seat shown is not the coveted Troxel with the integrated toolkit. I am thinking that this seat is probably original and the "budget version" for that year, as well.

thanks
Lyle
IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

Here is The Flyte 8 I Believe this model was first available starting in 1939
F4B5417B-58B8-4960-A266-2718F237596C.jpeg

Enjoy

Last edited:
Flyte has 28inch rims which were available in 2 different sizes.depending the year
In 1936 the Flyte only spun on 28inch Endrick Rim
E93B73EA-ACDC-4E7E-8EB9-94EDCC618E66.jpeg

DD80353D-B5E8-4B27-ADC4-0E4C582F2EDE.jpeg

From 37 till 1940 The Flyte Used 28inch rims WO Dunlop 28 x1 3/4 red striped Wire On
1A1F6344-42B3-456B-B37E-E6B3D5CA7F9E.jpeg

Last edited:
I have recently been fortunate enough to purchase a 1941 (based on serial number which begins with 'e') CCM Flyte. It does not have the sexy curvy forks of the earlier years.

My understanding is that there were some problems with the iconic forks and so production of them was suspended towards the end of the production run. Or maybe they had simply run out of them and were using up extra frames etc.

In any case, I want to know how original the rest of the incomplete project is, - it is without fenders. I believe that it has the correct crank and sprocket. I have purchased a nice set of Gibson pedals. I am told that certain years had Endrich rims, but I don't know which years and which rims. Same with hubs. The year of manufacture determined the correct year of hub, but I don't know what is correct for that year.

I may be interested in purchasing a set of forks (the iconic ones) if that was an optional upgrade in 1941. If it wasn't, I still may be interested, just to tell the story of CCM 's contribution to the streamline era, and retain the forks that came with the bike as "the original supplied".

So, information welcome, as well as leads to the potential purchase of a set of iconic forks. I am aware that the seat shown is not the coveted Troxel with the integrated toolkit. I am thinking that this seat is probably original and the "budget version" for that year, as well.

thanks
Lyle
View attachment 977108

View attachment 977109
Your bicycle could possibly be a Flyte 8 or it's also possible the original Flyte round fork was broken when your bike was involved in an accident.
As you can probably notice, your frame was badly damaged. Both the top tube and the down tube are bent as well as both seat stays.

Back