When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCM Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice CCM's boys. I love these bikes, here is a couple of mine.
1950's CCM ballooner
1937 CCM Flyte
1933 CCM Roadster

Attachments

• CIMG5019.JPG
    CIMG5019.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 1,085
  • ccm balloon.jpg
    ccm balloon.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • CIMG6459.jpg
    CIMG6459.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 1,190
Here is a couple other cool CCM tid bits....
A flyer for a 1937 Flyte, a teens CCM Motorbike , (after all CCM stands for Canadian Cycle and Motor) and a new project of mine a 37 Flyte frame and fork and I got a 38 moto bike with all the doner parts I need.
For more CCM info check out vintageccm.com or flyte.ca

Attachments

• ccmflytelg.jpg
    ccmflytelg.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 960
  • P6061373.JPG
    P6061373.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 838
  • P2030120.jpg
    P2030120.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 873
I'm not 100 % certain but I think CCM also had a British arm of their company building bikes in England. The ones that I think are British have the serial number on the top portion of the seat tube, and will likely have Perry hubs.

The serial numbers are always on the seat tube up to the 50`s. What makes you think there were CCM`s made in England?

The serial numbers are always on the seat tube up to the 50`s. What makes you think there were CCM`s made in England?

I have had several older CCM bikes with British components on them, like the Perry hubs and another brand of British hub whose name escapes me at the moment, and then I've had CCM's of exactly the same vintage with CCM hubs. So I assumed they were British made, and like I said I was not 100% certain.

Ahh, I see. That Ranger of yours, does it have seat stays that are identical to the rest of your CCM`s? Especially around the bridge area? Or are they not as straight...more rounded? I can`t tell from the photos...

Merk, I hauled out the Ranger and took closeup photos of the seatstay area. Also my serial number is under the crank, not on the seatpost. And the numbers correspond with nothing in the CCM list, and yet it is identical (in my mind) to CCM's of the same vintage, minus the CCM chainring. I also have the original saddle, which is a Wright saddle from Birmingham England. The hub and brakearm have no name on it, only "made in England" and a patent number. If you can finally help me positively identify it then hats off to you.

Attachments

• Ranger 004.jpg
    Ranger 004.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 785
  • Ranger 001.jpg
    Ranger 001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 779
  • Ranger 002.jpg
    Ranger 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 766
  • Ranger 006.jpg
    Ranger 006.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 740
  • Ranger 003.jpg
    Ranger 003.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
Hi Old Rider, I was hoping that bridge area would be identical to my 30`s Eaton Glider, because the components on that are the same as your Ranger. It was built by Raleigh. I thought maybe since they said it came from the Hudsons Bay, that both them and Eatons were having bikes built by Raleigh. But your bike does sure appear to be CCM made. Odd that it`s stamped on the shell, I`ve never seen that. Pretty interesting...

Thanks for the info Merk, I appreciate the input. Its funny you mention Eatons and Raleigh because my friend has the identical bike to mine but his badge has "Eatons" on it and still has the CCM chainring, so now I know Eatons was buying from two manufacturers. Interesting stuff....thanks again!

I guess the other thing that we have to remember is that parts wore and were switched out...especially when some of these bike were used for generations. Eaton`s not only had a couple lines of bikes, but also a full line of components and accessories available through the catalog, including replacement forks, wheels, rims, saddles, sprockets...the works! The bikes were pretty standardized, and stayed that way a loooong time! I know I`ve found lots of bikes over the years with parts changed literally decades later....

Back