When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chain guard, does anyone recognize it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oldbikeguy1960

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have had this for a while and I would like to use it on something. However, I do not want to ruin it and find out it was for some bike they made 10 of and 9 do not have their chain guards.
The front mount tab is odd, looks like it slipped into something. Not long enough to drill and mount and has no holes.
The silkscreen looks familiar but it is not all there. Looks like a wing with a swirl of dust behind it similar to the decals on a 1970 Road Runner. The photos are not the best but they are the best I could take with a phone camera.

20211216_131537-jpg.jpg

20211216_131454-jpg.jpg

20211216_131445-jpg.jpg

I want to redo the screened logo but I need a better photo

I have had this for a while and I would like to use it on something. However, I do not want to ruin it and find out it was for some bike they made 10 of and 9 do not have their chain guards.
The front mount tab is odd, looks like it slipped into something. Not long enough to drill and mount and has no holes.
The silkscreen looks familiar but it is not all there. Looks like a wing with a swirl of dust behind it similar to the decals on a 1970 Road Runner. The photos are not the best but they are the best I could take with a phone camera.

View attachment 1533459

View attachment 1533460

View attachment 1533461
View attachment 1533457

I want to redo the screened logo but I need a better photo
This style came on '50's Hercules. I don't recognize the decal, but Hercules built bikes under many different badges. Check this thread:

Awesome! I have somewhere to start from now. Do you have any idea what held the front of the chainguard on? It has a short tab with no holes like it slips into something.

Yes - that's a 1950s British style chain guard. Another Hercules with the same style guard:

p1190482-jpg.jpg

Whether yours had another brand on it, I don't know. I don't recognize that shape offhand, but I'm not familiar with every type.

The decal in question is a Royal Master model from Hercules. They used that graphic on other chain guards.

View attachment 1662985
This is the first time I've seen that decal, thanks for posting the picture! Do you know if that bike was imported by AMF? I've seen some other bikes branded "Royal Master" and they were CWC or AMF products, and I know AMF imported Hercules models.

Back