When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chain Ring Identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I know I've seen this before but just can' place it. I'm interested in the manufacturer of this bike which is badged as a Duplex. Thanks, Shawn

Can't help Shawn but Thanks for showing me a skip tooth I now want for a collection or a custom!

Now somebody needs to remind you and share the info of this unique chain ring so I can search for it in skip tooth & maybe 1/2" if they ever made it to that era?

I saw that one and I scratched my head a little.
At first brush it reminds me of the Keim Sun hanger but sans a lot of the finer detail.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this one but I'll look closer into the database once I have some coffee.

keim Sunburst hanger.jpg

I saw that one and I scratched my head a little.
At first brush it reminds me of the Keim Sun hanger but sans a lot of the finer detail.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this one but I'll look closer into the database once I have some coffee.

View attachment 1340434
@Freqman1 . I don't know how much that helps Shawn but I sure love the open cut outs in that + the "Sunburst" jus' equals 1 Unique skip tooth (wipes drool)

A Pope-Westfield built (manufacturer) version with a MW Hawthorne badge was shown a couple of years ago — thread # 140547.
Not sure if it once belonged to a member named Brian.
And I believe that another member may have one of those chain ring sprockets hanging in his workshop display.

And the duplicitous Pope connection —
the first bicycles sold by Pope may have been ordinary Excelsior-Duplex models imported from Coventry England; the first bicycles built by Pope-Columbia may have been copies of the English Duplex models.

Last edited:
The reason I ask is I am buying the bike--check's in the mail!--and was trying to determine which manufacturer made the bike so I can get the proper pedals and saddle. V/r Shawn

Back