When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chain Tangle!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As I’m pedaling I can hear a ‘thump’ sound as the chain (I suppose it’s the chain) drags or catches.

I figured out the thumping, dragging

chain. The cotter had worked loose ever so slightly sending two of the three bolt heads into the frame. :( Now, to see if that is what caused the chain to come off the track. It works nearly flawlessly on the stand.

-----

perhaps you need to make or purchase a cotter pin press to get them well seated

a c-clamp with a socket from a socket set can be used for both seating and removal:

----

-----

perhaps you need to make or purchase a cotter pin press to get them well seated

a c-clamp with a socket from a socket set can be used for both seating and removal:

View attachment 1240219

----
Oddly enough I have no trouble taking them apart. I have a workbench vise that is not bolted down and a used hospital table to lay it on. With that combination I have no trouble removing them. I don’t usually think to seat them the same way.

-----

if you ever reuse wedgebolts it is good to take a file and file down the old seating mark until it disappears

reusing pins without doing this can impair the seating...

-----

Back