When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chainguard screening service

-
I have too and recently did a water slide one, prep was good but it started flaking off couple days later. So was considering re-screen but his prices are high.

Watch out….some people don’t know what silk screening is, the screen you use has alot to do but the paint used is also important…when Pete did them there was such a buildup You could trip over it, more like a stencil, I am sure if Gary just acquired Pete’s stuff I think his guards are sub par also.decals are OK but it’s not proper.

I have too and recently did a water slide one, prep was good but it started flaking off couple days later. So was considering re-screen but his prices are high.
IF you decide to decal again you have to use a good decal setting solution like Tamiya mark fit or micro sol… and you have to bury it in the clear coat…that’s the only real way to stop lifting and flaking

Gary painted and silk screened a Ramshorn guard for me. It was perfect!

99229843-64EB-433C-9C13-A3A65803E1F8.jpeg

Decals normally don't flake off after a few days. I wonder what went wrong or caused that. Some of the late 70's early 80's Schwinn factory decals were crap and had a problem of them cracking and flaking off, but that happened after couple years. I know over soaking them for installation creates all kinds of havoc. Did you soak the decal for less than minute? If the decal was lifting off the backing while in the water, then it was way over soaked.

Back