When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chains, chains and more chains

-
T

tinykin

Well I am a bit red faced. I posted a note around unmarked chains and value. MetinUz replied that if they were certain types they may have a value and encouraged me to look again. Well it turns out once you get through the grime they are all marked (except 3 which were too far gone to see). So ... do these chains have any value:

Perry - 3 chains
Renold several different types (one has the inbetween links marked with M C or O and U, another has England beneath the Renold and the last is just plain Renold)
Pallas and Brampton (some links are Pallas and some are Brampton) with the reverse marked Germany
Oxford with Japan marked underneath
The Coventry (inbetween links marked 6 and another with the inbetween links marked 4)
The Coventry with 3 Spires underneath

Any info or value?

English chains were inported into the USA by Mead prior to WW1.And both 1/2" pitch(regulsr chain) and the skip tooth or double roller english chains were used on Teen era bikes.

Back