When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHAMPION by Heil Brothers Buffalo NY Pre WW2 badge HELP IDing & Dating

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BuffaloBicyclesFred

On Training Wheels
Hello, I recently acquired a CHAMPION by Heil Brothers bicycle that was made right here in Buffalo NY and I am looking for some HELP IDing it!
Cool points on this bike is the original paint & pin-striping on the fenders, frame, rims, and chain-guard, Original 1951 Buffalo Bicycle License still attached. It's serial NO. X33459 (is it from 1933 then?). It also has adjustable square set screws for the back hub which might help dating it?

From my research I know that: the Heil Brothers started in Buffalo NY in 1924, and that the company changed its head badge to one with a bomber airplane on it at some point during WW2, so this is pre 1939. I can not find much info on this style Heil bicycle, but I believe it to be and all original parts that were specifically for the Heil Brothers Bicycles but I am not sure... ex. "H" skip chain sprocket, "H" neck Bolt, Unique chaingaurd, Unique Seat ... I am looking for some help on bike age or company info, IDing parts and this from everyone!
image (4).jpeg

image (3).jpegimage (11).jpeg

image (10).jpegimage (9).jpeg

image (6).jpegimage (7).jpeg

image (8).jpegimage.jpegimage (5).jpegimage (1).jpeg

Here's my copy of that badge. I bought it from Pete, I think he said it was from a 39 dx.
CHAMPION HEIL 04.jpg

I looked at that frame in lockport and actually made an offer, glad you got it......my opinion was that while very cool, the pinstripes are definitely handpainted, and the seat tube and stays have been braised or welded, there should be a bolt hole through the stays....not even sure how the seat post Is secured. I ball parked it as possible 33-35 westfield???? Great headbadge......cool bike...
Chris.

A disclaimer for previous post is that I am very new to prewar bikes, and any/all knowledge I use to formulate my opinions is regurgitated from members of this site and others. Also the same week I looked at your bike, I found this yard art in niagara county and felt compelled to save it

20190506_084154.jpg

20190506_211345.jpg

Back