When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Change from a single speed hub to 2 speed kickback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Try Huskybikes.com for spokes. I've gotten some from them. Economical and relatively quick.

Thanks everyone! I emailed Memory Lane Classics and they don't carry spokes anymore but gave me a number for a guy they refer to. Also, Bicycle Heaven shows them on their website. I'll take a look at ebay too. I only asked here because I like to support the people that support our habits.

So cal bikes in Oside have a spoke threader I believe! Ask for jim and tell him Dave sent you! Like said before, you can use same spokes just 3 cross!

Or you can just use the 10.25 spokes at 3 cross that multiple members have used already. It is not Rocket Surgery

This always seems to be made so complicated, doesn't it... TMI!

- - - - - -

If you want to keep cost down, buy pre-made. The few shops that still cut and thread usually only stock more expensive spokes- DT, Wheelsmith, etc.

Generic from Ebay or wherever are just fine for a cruiser. Stainless is nice if you have to worry about corrosion.

What ever happened to that guy Phil Wood? We could use a guy like him today.

What ever happened to that guy Phil Wood? We could use a guy like him today.
He made some pretty cool and unique stuff in the 1970's. His sealed bearing spindles were cutting edge. He sold lots of sealed bearing hubs. I think he was close, or some way connected with Jim Blackburn, and we all remember the Blackburn welded aluminum racks.

I still have a Paramount Tandem with a 48 hole Phil Wood hub, in a Super Champion rim. It was the bullet set up for the rear wheels on Road Tandems.

John

Got a link for this?
The one I use is a phone app(android).

Screenshot_20230206-232503.png

This site looks good too.

I had looked them up last night. There are a few on eBay. Also, less interesting to you, since you know how to use it, is a guy demonstrating how to use it. could you show a pic of a spoke before you thread or cut it? Please.

Back