When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chapter IV: A New Build...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And I have a front basket too! All I need now are paperboys, and reflectors! Frankster's light will mount on the front fender.

I saw a 'Coast King' yesterday that reminded me of this thread... Similar Tank so, would it be the same bike, different badge, same manufacture; is there any interest in such? I thought it was about 1960+/-; a middle-weight.

00K0K_7xDSX6VdKdO_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a 'Coast King' yesterday that reminded me of this thread... Similar Tank so, would it be the same bike, different badge, same manufacture; is there any interest in such? I thought it was about 1960+/-; a middle-weight.

00K0K_7xDSX6VdKdO_600x450.jpg

They called them Flightweights at Rollfast...that chainguard could possibly be shared with Columbia or Ross IMO but I'm not an expert...that chain is awfully loose, is the top over the chainring? It certainly does look a lot like a Rollfast. The pedals look like the ones that came with mine as well.

My black Hunt-Wilde style handlebar grips came today from Bicyclebones and I picked up a pair of Wellgo black BMX pedals at the LBS...I have the chain he sold me that was originally going to go on the J. C. Higgins after conversion so I have that and the tires/rims will be on their way maybe next week now that the payment is sent. The original pedals had the rubber rolling around and I decided it was best to retire them.

I am going to have at least two 1/2" chainrings available for sale shortly, one with very good chrome. Watch my ad for the Huffy related stuff as I am adding to it and just listed the tank lights in there cheap...I just need to get parts to places they will be used...three bikes are all I wanted, there are no projects for others now.

abc1 (1).JPG
abc1 (2).JPG
abc1 (3).JPG
abc1 (4).JPG

Last edited:
I got a present today...I might split it between two bikes or use it as an extra light on Rosa, but I have a seat post taillight at least...

k2-_1df91a3a-0314-4078-9be8-af3bcc719d26.v1.jpg
Bell Radian 350 LED set.

Not really thrilled with China right now, seems I may have managed to jam the taillight ass'y in upside down and it's stuck as I had the batteries to put in.

There is no good way to get it apart, they did not leave any real seams to split and crack it open good enough to put it back together.

In GOOD news, I will have the tires and rims around the 29th and my fenders and front basket will be here at the start of the month. I have the chainguard painted and clear enamel applied. It needs some vinyl decal and such to finish it cosmetically and I have some generic mounting hardware.

As soon as the wheels get here I'm going to wheel it downtown to the LBS and get the chain installed, then I should be able to ride it home.

hers some pics I have it stripped down right now and only have the frt fender which is rough ,going to throw some wheels on it this week.

IMG_7575.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7585.JPG

Was that a Whizzer bike once or just the wheel? I've thought of making Tempest a Whizzer.

Thank you for passing the chainguard and a rack on!

By the way, don't buy the Bell Radian 3-LED light set unless you are prepared to mark the correct way to insert the trays, they go either way and NO, the power switch does not release the tray even though the release button operates the light. DUMB DESIGN, and what is worse, if you aren't careful you could have the 3 AAA batteries fall out because they go in on the bottom, so to speak.

Which means I had to crack the injection molded bodies open some VERY carefully with a hammer to pull the body open and pry the trays out.

Why they can't design the thing to go together one way only for the $15-20 they sell for is ridiculous. I just don't know. I could ring that Bell.

Back