When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chapter IV: A New Build...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
She's HOME! I need to raise the seat post a BIT... but she is running along just fine! Time to mount baskets and such.

MVC-086S (2).JPG
MVC-087S (2).JPG
MVC-088S (2).JPG

One small problem. The collar for the paperboy baskets uses two bolts and there is only enough space for a one bolt collar.

The rack should mount okay though. I got the seat up high enough and have to replace the seat tube collar bolt to attach the collar of that.

Last edited:
Solved that problem...had a busted paperboy frame with three holes and I'll Dremel it off as the new one is attached with bolts and screws. I'll tackle that tomorrow. Till then I can put the rack on and have a spin.

Going to have to dig up a flat brace as well...the rear one is hindering everything and then where to put the rack arms on the holes behind the dropouts. I have some help today.

Well. a FLATTER brace, but one I could hammer down to clear other arms to allow the rack and baskets clearance. I've got to a new bolt in the clamp or the seat won't stay up, it was a bit stripped when I got it off. It will be a few days.

Not working with the best camera...this is only a mockup using a 'Wamco Winner' turn signal kit I got three of some time back at a thrift store for about $3 a piece, made by a handicapped workshop, 12V from a D cell battery pack (or in the case of Tempest it would by a 12V small sealed battery like those on toy cars/Power Wheels or emergency exit signs, hobby battery. I managed to bend the bar into a U shape just right so that the lamps fit right behind the lenses in the rack when they go in and the I have to make a box or find it to cover and hold it in place.

The lenses will be coming soon, along with another lens for my Royce Union torpedo lamp, which came from a gentleman in Boise who also sold me the fenders for Rosa. The chrome and fender light Frankster41sold me is the one I plan to use on the fender, I can probably use both though and work one in for a taillight.

MVC-100S copy.jpg
MVC-099S.JPG
MVC-101S.JPG

I have a problem with the seat post I installed.

It's long enough...and I even replaced the stripped nut and bolt on the clamp that hold it in place and I tightened the dickens out of that. The post isn't moving now, it's the seat that is still swiveling. The nut on the seat bolt isn't going to get tight enough, probably worn on the edges but I'm not going to get it tightened with a monkey wrench.

Either that or it's tight enough and still not gripping tight around the post. Maybe I should switch out some parts.

We've had some nasty weather on and off since Thursday that's prevented me from finishing painting the chainguard. As long as the seat post will stay up I can get to the hardware store and not have to guess about the sizes to mount it.

Slow week on the bike front as it's the beginning of the month and I've been taking care of bills and grocery shopping.

A big THANK YOU to hotrod62, the Rollfast ad I have shown twice arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased! Now I need to get a frame at hang it in a spot of prominence...

I got the lenses for my rack's taillights and the torpedo light from Salvagebeast today! Got one shot in before charging the battery and I'll have more ASAP.

Rack lenses.jpg

Torpedo lens.jpg

Last edited:
Back