Chapter IV: A New Build...

This ad disappears when logged in

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Rocket Ray #3 got installed on Rosa a couple days ago, I plan to get three more to cover the entire fleet.

Rocket Ray (1).JPG

Rocket Ray (2).JPG
Rocket Ray (3).JPG

I've got to fix up some horns, it's obvious from looking at Germaine behind here and the wires came off the button on Rosa's.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Rosa is fast and all, but I still can't keep the seat post up, I replaced the bolt with a correct carriage bolt and a new nut and that fixed nothing. If it swivels, it will drop again.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Not yet! I have to get another front basket and work some more. I just got up from a cat nap...everyone says I should be going to bed and I just woke an hour ago, was watching TV in the bedroom with Socks then fed her good.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
I just got done (yeah, at 3:30 am) installing the Rocket Ray (I swiped the one it had to put on Darla and now it gets a new one) and installing the AS bolt seat post collar @A.S.BOLTNUT sold me and that should keep the seat up now.

I'm sure the cat will be happy with me now :D

The horn wires broke at the button so I gotta fix that later and I cleared the handlebars off but for the light.

That will be four of six on the road later today when I get Darla back.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
I've figured out how to save the tank that got printing on it after I had wrapped it for so long...

I wrapped a cracker box completely with 2" packing tape to use as a stand.

Wrapped the saltine box with cello trape.JPG

Saving Rosas tank left side (4).JPG

I used painter's tape to cover the edge at the back of the decal area and covered it with zipper bags, used more painter's tape and then wrapped over that with the 2" tape...
Saving Rosas tank left side (1).JPG

Saving Rosas tank left side (2).JPG

Saving Rosas tank left side (5).JPG

Saving Rosas tank left side (6).JPG

I hope to spray some paint in a small bowl and use a small foam brush to dob around more and get rid of most of the mess, then repeat on the other half.

The temperatures are starting to drop below good spraying requirements so time is of the essence to get it done this month.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Removed that and masked off the decal area, gave it a spray around the sides and edges, hopefully that will do it and I can get the other half fixed.

More painting (1).JPG

More painting (2).JPG

More painting (3).JPG

More painting (4).JPG

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
The right side wasn't messed up as badly, it's a bit easier, although still tricky. It's out there drying and I'll bring it in in around an hour or so.

Right side masking (1).JPG

Right side masking (2).JPG

Right side masking (3).JPG

Right side masking (4).JPG

Right side masking (5).JPG

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Second round of painting on the left side...and none too soon as the darker clouds are starting to move in!

None too soon (1).JPG

None too soon (2).JPG

None too soon (3).JPG

None too soon (4).JPG

Left side painting round two (1).JPG

Left side painting round two (2).JPG

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Here is Rosa with her tank installed properly for the first time!
Installation (1).JPG

Installation (2).JPG

Installation (3).JPG

It tirned out that the bottom of the front railing was bent slightly forward but with some loosening of the top screws I got it in slightly cockeyed and just tightened it down as flush as I could get it along with the other two.

Installation (4).JPG

Rosas Tank! (1).JPG

Rosas Tank! (2).JPG

Rosas Tank! (3).JPG

Rosas Tank! (4).JPG

Now if I can locate the collar piece for the rear baskets and the Allen wrench to tighten the taillight good I'm almost done but for the horn!

I still need to go to the bike shop tomorrow and see if he can get the nut on whatever you call the swivel axle on the springer to stay tight as it keep coming loose and wants to fall off. And air and true the front wheel. But I can just about roll it out and lock it up now.

Last edited:

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
The front rim had rusted pretty badly and the spokes as well, plus it had bent a wee bit much...it was time for a replacement. A little polishing and Rosa will be back in service in a little bit.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Now I remember that the ad said it had a bracket and no screws! All of mine are like a country PARTY LINE...

Either TOO SHORTS OR TOO LONGS, if not TOO FAT.

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Okay, enough with the fussing, I got that thing on. Rosa is fully dressed up again (oh gee, that sounds funny)...

Rosas Rocket horn (1).JPG

Rosas Rocket horn (2).JPG

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture