When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chapter IV: A New Build...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
MVC-011S.JPG

MVC-016S.JPG

Last edited:
before.jpg
after.jpg
improv bracket.jpg

I had the tank halves painted and the decals on, put one on a bit off, couldn't save that, contacted Bruce Crawford and he's sending a new right side decal.

I had to improvise a bracket for the paperboys, and now it's fairly secure. On to the rack.

I'm working out how to rig the turn signals and taillights from the same 12V battery pack...fortunately the Wamco Winner company (and they were based in nearby Boise, Idaho too) chose to use 8 'C' cells instead of Ds. I could try to mount TWO battery packs as I have three of them, that would be wieldy but easier on either set. At any rate it looks like most of the three sets will end up in one installation.

1-3 Ds, four AAs, 8-16 Cs, I'm Ray-O-Vac's best pal :D

Like the last time I tried it, there is simply no way to mount the rack with the arms attached. I can attach the front to the seatpost bolt with an extension down and I can attach the back to stay hooked to the center, freeing that when bulbs or work needs to be done. The arms had to go. It will work okay that way though. I have a good bit of stuff to do before it gets attached though. When I took paperboys off Germaine I could mount the rack like it was supposed to be. I have still got plans to build a support cage incorporating the rack so that I can install my dark green Honda Gold Wing Aspencade panniers with locks, which I had custom striped in place of the Honda Aspencade badges to read Germaine on the back in a similar script as the Aspncade logo. I really need to get it figured out though. It's getting colder at night. Tempest is not a winter ride, I have to cover her over and keep her preserved. Germaine is my winter bike, baskets or not. The days when I can work outside and enjoy all my bikes are getting shorter. I'll do what I can this month and use her without messing her up.

I CAN probably use the arms to attach the rack ABOVE the seat post bolt, as extensions, if I have them drilled and cut off, then I can disattach the back and lift to change bulbs in the taillights.

Right side tank redo (1).JPG
Right side tank redo (2).JPG
Right side tank redo (3).JPG

It's not precise but I had to take the hole into account, which still involves a SMIDGEON of the red portion. At this point, it's not going to be seen on the road...and I spent a good long time positioning it against the other side and then I removed the front part of the paper and tacked that down then lifted the rest carefully until the bottom paper came free and finished applying the decal.

Now I have to spray the clear acrylic coat tomorrow and spray the ends of the screws white and then work out installing the lighting.

There is another problem to work out, that being the mounting holes on the other side don't quite match where the tank screw holes go...not all aligned. It looks like the rear mount needs adjustment. It's going to look really cool though!:D

Back