When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chapter IV: A New Build...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The right side wasn't messed up as badly, it's a bit easier, although still tricky. It's out there drying and I'll bring it in in around an hour or so.

Right side masking (1).JPG

Right side masking (2).JPG

Right side masking (3).JPG

Right side masking (4).JPG

Right side masking (5).JPG

Here is Rosa with her tank installed properly for the first time!
Installation (1).JPG

Installation (2).JPG

Installation (3).JPG

It tirned out that the bottom of the front railing was bent slightly forward but with some loosening of the top screws I got it in slightly cockeyed and just tightened it down as flush as I could get it along with the other two.

Installation (4).JPG

Rosas Tank! (1).JPG

Rosas Tank! (2).JPG

Rosas Tank! (3).JPG

Rosas Tank! (4).JPG

Now if I can locate the collar piece for the rear baskets and the Allen wrench to tighten the taillight good I'm almost done but for the horn!

I still need to go to the bike shop tomorrow and see if he can get the nut on whatever you call the swivel axle on the springer to stay tight as it keep coming loose and wants to fall off. And air and true the front wheel. But I can just about roll it out and lock it up now.

Last edited:
The front rim had rusted pretty badly and the spokes as well, plus it had bent a wee bit much...it was time for a replacement. A little polishing and Rosa will be back in service in a little bit.

Now I remember that the ad said it had a bracket and no screws! All of mine are like a country PARTY LINE...

Either TOO SHORTS OR TOO LONGS, if not TOO FAT.

Back