When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charles William Stores

-
some pictures

Here are some pictures, now I know that the bike is a rat but I am most interested in the individual componets.
What on the bike is right and whats not? Were the truss rods cut or was there forks like that? How about those bars?
Who could of made it? Oh so many questions... I did the typical google thing and pretty much came up empty handed.
I looked through some old catalogs from the charles williams stores from the 20's and found bikes but nothing like this.
Maybe the badge is from a different bike all together. Anything you might know about it would be cool.
I also thought I would mention how big it is, after all that is what I liked so much about it. Nothing beats an old bike that fits...
center of bb to top of seat tube is 21" and the stand over height at the highest part is 34" with 26" wheels, I'm pretty sure og would have been
28"

IMG_1256-1.jpg

IMG_1258-1.jpg

IMG_1257-1.jpg

IMG_1259-1.jpg

cool bike... not really a "collector's item" but a nice ride as it's a adult model (you don't have to ride with bent knees nor a way too long seatpost). they are a little more difficult to find then kids models in my experience.

unfortunately I have no information for you. :(

I looks like a mid/late 20's Mead or Schwinn tall frame with a Colson sprocket.
The fork is slightly bent after hitting something and someone cut off the top of the truss rods.
The fork looks Schwinn-made to me, but can't be sure since the top of the rods is missing.

Last edited:
Still looking...

I'm still looking to find some information on this bike, anyone have anything to add?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Still looking...

I'm still looking to find some information on this bike, anyone have anything to add?
Hey, saw your post while searching info on a new bike I acquired. I haven't logged in for quite some time but thought I'd reply.... Very cool bike you have there! Haven't seen many of these in my searches. I found a print ad from 1918 and was able to identify my new bike. It has the same badge as your bike but the frame is a bit deferent. The bike I have is definetly schwinn built. I had to use a different chain ring and crank because the correct parts were damaged beyond repair..... Here's a pic. Good luck on your search!

image.jpeg

Charles Willam Stores was a mail-order only catalog business, sort of a competitor with Sear Roebuck, but without any brick and mortar business.

Back